Scaling and zooming overlay images

EmmaMc

Hi

I am trying to rescale an overlay image but when the value gets below 90%, the whole image disappears and the preview goes black.I have tried inserting smaller versions of the same image, but it always inserts at the same size. Cropping has not helped.

Any suggestions welcome (updated from an older version of VideoPad yesterday).

Also, any suggestions re how to zoom in on the overlay? In my previous version there was an "auto zoom" effect which was great, but it doesn't seem to be available in the newer version.

Thanks in advance.

In 3.60, the SCALE effect seems to work fine, no matter what vertical or horizontal size is chosen.

Check the video adapter chip manufacturer's WEB site for an updated video driver. May help, may not.

If problems arise, roll back via Control Panel|DEVICE MANAGER|VIDEO ADAPTERS|<your adapter>|DRIVER tab.

To zoom, click the small arrow just right of the word "default' in the SCALE effect box...then choose your zoom.

Or use the MOTION effect with keyframes.

Hi

Version 3.58

I have just tested this and whilst crop/zoom worked OK on the image SCALE didn't so I think this might be a fault.

I added an overlay image over a videoclip and found it disappeared in the effect preview window if both scales were reduced to 90%. In fact the program became unresponsive and had to be stopped. The autosaved project however allowed me to try again.

There also seems to be a problem in entering a % scale as an integar directy into the boxes. (Swipe the existing value and enter 90 and one gets 9.00 try to change this to 100 it enters 1.00 !) It seems you has to insert values before the decimal point which doesn't always work. The stepup/down buttons work but are Slooow..

Clicking Zoom in (Far) and things come to a halt with the egg timer showing although the scale lines are drawn in on the right .

Clicking the window to check the final values of the scale produces a white fade out screen and eventual crash..

I think this aspect of VP has some problems.

Sent is possible bug report.

Nat

Version 3.58

I have just tested this and whilst crop/zoom worked OK on the image SCALE didn't so I think this might be a fault.

I added an overlay image over a videoclip and found it disappeared in the effect preview window if both scales were reduced to 90%. In fact the program became unresponsive and had to be stopped. The autosaved project however allowed me to try again.

Tested this again with both a video and an image overlay. Set both vert and horiz to 90 (or less) and saw no problems.

There also seems to be a problem in entering a % scale as an integer directy into the boxes. (Swipe the existing value and enter 90 and one gets 9.00 try to change this to 100 it enters 1.00 !) It seems you has to insert values before the decimal point which doesn't always work. The stepup/down buttons work but are Slooow.

Seems one has to select (highlight) each number to the left of the decimal, then enter the desired single digit. Very funky.

Clicking Zoom in (Far) and things come to a halt with the egg timer showing although the scale lines are drawn in on the right .

Clicking the window to check the final values of the scale produces a white fade out screen and eventual crash.

This I couldn't duplicate. Possible PC resource problem???

Hi

"This I couldn't duplicate. Possible PC resource problem??? "

:) Could be....Still using the same PC!

With regards to the disappearing image.....

One would normally normally swipe the whole scale % value (100.00) and enter 90 or posiibly 90.00.

Entering 90 leaves the value as 9.00 and the image shrinks? to nothing....(?? 9% ??)

Swiping the 100 and entering 90 also gives the value 9.00 and image shrinks to nothing...(?? 9% ??)

This maybe what EmmaMc is seeing?

If I swipe the integar 9 and enter 10 the result is 1.00! The image REALLY disappears!! :)

If I swipe the whole of the 1.00 and try to enter 23 what comes up is 32.00!! :o

Either way it is a bug.

Nat