Is it possible to skip the search for a burner?

Xtine

I don't wish to save my slideshows to DVD - just want to save as video files (avi, mp4) on computer and copy to USB. Is there any way to prevent Photostage from running the time-consuming search for a burner before it lets me choose an alternative format? Can I save a given format as a default preference?

Thanks.

Chris

• 2 months later...

Thank you for responding to my question. Yes, the Video Output Setup dialog does open when I choose to save a slideshow. But *before* it opens (i.e. immediately I hit the Save Slideshow button) the application first searches all my hard drives, looking for a burner. Eventually, the dialog will open. This is despite the fact that my default preference for saved files is always set to Computer/Data. Since I have some multi-Terabyte drives on my PC, the search does take some time, and it would be nice if I could get PhotoStage to skip the DVD burner search altogether, unless I were to actually choose DVD as my output option (which I don't).

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I can't stop the 'scan for a burner' dialog appearing, but I found that if I just cancel it, the 'save' dialog (with my selected output options) will appear straight away, so I can proceed to export my slideshow. So, that's what I do now.