Reading a file with a second audio channel

lpsmith

I'm using D3DGear, which allows me to record a game's audio and the microphone audio in the same video as separate audio channels. However, the free version of VideoPad doesn't recognize the second channel. Is this something that the professional version does? Or is it not possible to edit these videos with VideoPad? Thank you!

-Lucian

Lucian,

I have the paid version.

I record with speaker and audio inputs "mixed" using Debut on 1 track and that imports into VideoPad ok on track 1.

Any additional tracks can be created or imported.

If you an put a short video on an download link I could test it for you as a quick check.

Thanks! It doesn't seem like I can upload things directly here, so here's a link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B71r5kLs3FlieGRGaUxGd3FYNnc/edit?usp=sharing

When I play it in Windows Media Player, I can hear the two of us chatting; when I load it in VideoPad, I only get the game audio. I also only get the game audio when listening to it online, so you'll probably have to download it.

-Lucian

One video track and one sound track loads.

The sound is very low volume .. sounds like a slow stream of water in the woods.. or leaves blowing down the sidewalk ...

I see the inset webcam vid in the upper left corner OK.

Video itself is ok.

Same in Win Media Player and Videopad.

Your file, no matter where it's played here, appears to contain a single audio channel - the "room tone" background.

If you hear voices in WMP then it's likely that your original file is using a decoder available only locally..on your PC.

Consider capturing the mixed-audio file with a capture utility like Debut, then importing the result into VP.