Problem with opening the project

201aelita

I have a problem. I am trying to open an old project in the past two days, many times. Clips of processing it normally, but the sound prossesoi forever. I stopped this and started the same four times. In the end, it is the sound being downloaded. Then I have another problem. Clips awfully long time to load. Green line charging is charging, but is interrupted many times, today I have been waiting for three hours, it would work, but nothing helps. This problem started suddenly two days ago to version 5.57 with. I tried to install it again, did not work. Yesterday I upgraded from version 5.58, it did not help. Today I installed 5.57 again, as it had been operating normally for two weeks. Could any of you help? I regret very much that I can no longer be edited as normal.

Thank you very much if you can help me.

Hi

This is a difficult one.

There may be a problem with the PC speed or the project file might be corrupted. Loading a BIG project with many clips and transition/effects can take quite a time to load. Although if the cache file already contains the project data it can be quicker.

What happens if you ...

Start VP.

Clear the unused cache files from the "Disk" option menu.

Load a short clip (NOT a long clip)

Place it on the sequence line and split it.

Add a blank frame.

Add a transition or two between the bits.

Save the result as a project. (a .vpj file e.g. TEST.vpj)

Close VP

Restart VP and open that new project..... Does it load OK in a reasonable time ?

If it does load OK then your VP version would seem to be working correctly. You could even try adding more clips to this test footage and repeating the save....If it continues to load back OK (even if it takes a little longer) then the problem is probably with your original project file.

If the above test doesn't work and the project takes ages to load then the fault might lie with your PC specs or the installation.

Borate has posted the specs you might need for editing HD MPEG4 H264 video.

Nat

Hi

This is a difficult one.

There may be a problem with the PC speed or the project file might be corrupted. Loading a BIG project with many clips and transition/effects can take quite a time to load. Although if the cache file already contains the project data it can be quicker.

What happens if you ...

Start VP.

Clear the unused cache files from the "Disk" option menu.

Load a short clip (NOT a long clip)

Place it on the sequence line and split it.

Add a blank frame.

Add a transition or two between the bits.

Save the result as a project. (a .vpj file e.g. TEST.vpj)

Close VP

Restart VP and open that new project..... Does it load OK in a reasonable time ?

If it does load OK then your VP version would seem to be working correctly. You could even try adding more clips to this test footage and repeating the save....If it continues to load back OK (even if it takes a little longer) then the problem is probably with your original project file.

If the above test doesn't work and the project takes ages to load then the fault might lie with your PC specs or the installation.

Borate has posted the specs you might need for editing HD MPEG4 H264 video.

Nat

Yeah I decided to uninstall and then installed again, now it works correcly, but thank you, I will remember this if something happen again. :) Thank you. :)