Upload to Utube

martyson

Testing videopad version 3.58 (not registered yet).

VideoPad File/export/utube is not working for me.

Error, "unable to login", to utube.

I got an e-mail from Google Utube to check my recent activity.

So, I logged into my Utube account and it listed "Unusual activity" / "Application/device sign-in attempt (prevented)"

Which was me trying to use VideoPad to log in.

All attempts to log into Utube were blocked by Utube.

It is like VideoPad must be given permission to use Utube ... I have never done this before so I do not know for sure what is up here.

Are others having this problem?

Note 1: But, I can save the video project avi file, then using browser FireFox, go to Utube and manually log into utube and upload the the file OK.

Note 2: My Video was created with Debut (registered) and am now testing / editing it with VideoPad.

Check out these tutorials. If necessary, preface them with http://.

OK, watched them.

youtube.com/watch?v=2enBFrlhVB0

***save to file .......computer data save

Works great

youtube.com/watch?v=zYHh0FSEers .... u/l to utube .

***..save PC data, upload, UN, PW

I get a login error .. cannot connect to Utube as I mentioned in my first post.

youtube.com/watch?v=QV0U2hb5ijI save and upload

I watched this the other day .. again now.

This one saves the file, but the user has to go to Utube, sign in, then upload it manually.

That works for me also .. as I mentioned in my first post.

This is what I see when File/Export to Utube:

https://www.dropbox....z/CantConUT.jpg

Edit:

I also use Adobe Premiere 11 .. it exports to Utube ok. So, I know my connection is ok on the internet.

When I click on Utube the default file ext is .flv.

My problem with VideoPad is getting logged onto Utube ...

With Adobe PE11 the first time I wanted to export a video to Utube I hade to go thru an "authorization" (clicking OK e.g. ) on a couple screens that poped up ... which then gave PE11 permission to access my Utube account for all my subsequent uploads.

I had read that VideoPad does this "authorization" sequence for uploads to (I think) Flickr .. which I do not use .. just for example here.

I think VideoPad needs to also have the same "authorization" .. not just for me but for all VideoPad users who want to use Utube.

Do you upload (file/Export) to Utube?

Hi

A test video loaded OK from 3.58 to facebook but not to UTube, when "Failed to login" etc. message appeared.

In the past one could login and upload directly from the UTube page, and VP worked OK, but now you have to go through a Google page to enter your details or to create an account. Could this be a bottleneck with regards VP? i.e. Does the newer version take this into account?

Nat

Nat,

Thanks for confirming exports to Utube is not working.

This NCH help file (attached screenshot) shows that your first VideoPad export upload to Flickr requires an "authorization" first.

Subsequent uploads should not require a new authorization.

I dod not use Flickr so I cannot verify if VideoPad is getting authorization to upload or not.

I think this "authorization" part for exports to Utube is missing from VideoPad version 3.58 and that makes exports to Utube impossible.

Flickr-Authorize_zps5292618c.jpg

Hi

Just tried again and the export of "TEST" to UTube seemed to work OK, but I checked first I could actually log in to UTube.

Haven't found it yet though on UT. It's just a black blank frame with "This is Test" as a text overlay, but VP said it had uploaded OK.

Nat

Nat,

I purchased the program today.

I still get what you first reported "A test video loaded OK from 3.58 to facebook but not to UTube, when "Failed to login" etc. message appeared."

I had asked you a couple questions in previous posts ... but you had not replied. So, anyway, I do not know what I am doing wrong at this point.

Edit:

Utube is seeing PhotoPad as not authorized for some reason.

Screenshot of login attempts.

I was hoping another user has had this problem and knows what I am doing wrong .. or VideoPad is doing wrong??

VideoPad-Cannot-log-into-Utube_zps04694af6.jpg

Utube-blocking-info_zps1a3ec60e.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi

Tried to upload similar "TEST" screen to Utube using the VP uploader.screen displayed above in your post. As I am using VP3.7 demo version, uploading is not implemented, (Indeed the "Export" tab is missing from the toolbar)so I have no export screen.

Same with version 3.61

I therefore loaded up and used version 3,60 which worked OK last time.

I clicked "Export"

Selected YouTube

Format: Youtube 480p

Entered Username and Password and entered a name for video.

Message "Unable to log into UTube" appeared

Then

Message "Failed to create your movie. Could not connect to You Tube"

So it appears thatUT uploading is not working for some reason. :(

On the other hand, I easily uploaded the clip to my facebook page. :)

Nat

• 3 weeks later...

I am now using VP 3.74 beta.

I clicked on the "beta" button in the upper right corner of the VP screen and that action opens up a dialogue box where I can report a problem to VP technical support.

So I sent them a report indicating the Export to Utube was not working. I also gave them a link to this forum post.

Note: According to their Internet Sales page (screenshot for ref) .. it is an advertised feature "Upload directly to Utube".

VP-UL-to-Utube_zps6c1ed275.jpg