I just started having something strange happen where when I take my foot off the pedal and it should go back a few seconds, it takes more than a few seconds for the sound to start again, and sometimes it goes back further than I wanted. It is really hard to describe what it's doing, but it's driving me crazy. It doesn't happen every time I take my foot off, but it's happening enough. Does anyone know if my foot pedal could be going out? I haven't changed any settings lately. Help, please!! Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hello. new to the forum (didn't know one existed until 15 minutes ago).

I just upgraded to Express Scribe Pro (the newest version 5.67) and use the VEC Infinity 2 pedals. I don't have any issues with installing the pedals or configuring them, but the issue I am having is with playback.

I am using Express Scribe in tandem with Microsoft Word Mac 2008 to transcribe some messages for my church, so I use the pedals to rewind, play, pause the playback as I type. I am not using the dictation note section.

The pedals work fine most of the time, but when I pause the playback to type or go back and edit something, it doesn't always resume the playback right away. It seems like it happens if I pause for more than like 10 seconds. Sometimes it won't play at all, and sometimes it will resume after about 10-12 seconds. It doesn't matter what I do. It will resume playback if I switch between the Express Scribe app and Word every time though. I have tried changing the tap lock settings (enable, disable) to no effect.

Any ideas? Fiddling with it and the intermittent playback issue is slowing me down.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

have you figured this out? It was happening to me, so I ordered a new pedal. Worked perfectly for the first day and now it is doing the same thing Every fifth or sixth time that I lift my foot and put it back down, the recording doesn't start back up. Only thing that works is moving cursor to click on express scribe icon on the menu bar. This is slowing me down significantly.