V 3.57 crop aspect ratio 16:9 in not 16:9

xbates

I am used to V3.14 for panning and zooming footage from a Go Pro Hero action cam. These videos are 1920x1080

I use the crop effect in aspect ratio 16:9

I just installed V3.57 on a new computer and when choosing aspect ratio 16:9 in the crop effect, the image is cropped to some ratio other than 16:9, something more narrow than the original 1920x1080 (16:9)

Is this a bug or is there a solution for it ?

rgds/tnx

Chris

In 3.57 it appears to me that the increased font size in the header of the viewing windows is causing window contents to be cropped or masked. Not so in 3.51, which displays the full 16X9 and exports it correctly.

This may or may not relate to your crop observation. Try exporting your work and see if that results in 16X9.

It exports exactely what is in the preview, so not 16x9.

When played in MS media player,or any other video viewer, black bars show to compensate the deviaton from 16:9

But even if it would be 'solved' during export, the result would be different from what is shown in the edit/preview.

Using 3.14 for the same source file works perfect, so it really looks at if it is a bug.

Hi

In the earlier version of VP, using the Crop option and selecting to "Force" 16:9 resulted in the image being cropped to 16:9 AND being enlarged to fill the screen. No matter which side you pulled in the ratio remained 16:9 and the outlined area filled the screen

In version 3.55 (and presumably 3.57) selecting Crop and forcing 16:9 followed by altering the display rectange simply reduced the frame in size down to the rectangle leaving a black border. (The cropped area remained 16:9 though. I initially thought this was a bug until Borate pointed out that I had to tick the "Zoom to the cropped area" box to make it behave like the earlier version.

Is this what you are seeing?

In 3.55 there is a slight grey border at the top that seems to be connected with the preview screen title lettering, but in practice this doesn't cause a problem.

Nat