Fade Out Won't Work

UnkleBuck

I can't get the Fade Out to work. I've worked with pro audio DAWs for years, so I know how they're supposed to work. I've tried splitting the clip into sections, then choosing the clip that I want to fade. I put in the time for the length of the fade, and it just cuts the sound out completely. :angry: I even used my pro DAW to create the fade, saved it, flew it back into Video Pad, and it was as if nothing had changed :angry:. This SHOULD be such an easy task. What is the problem?

Hi

This may be connected.....

I am just trying out using v3.54.

I have placed a clip of 8 seconds duration onto the timeline and selected the soundtrack for this clip.

It duly turned dark blue and showed up as the audio waveform in the preview window.

I selected Fade out from the drop down menu option and entered a duration of 1 second for the fade out.

The preview screen as well as the soundtrack line showed the reference volume level line line starting to slope down at the start of the clip and not at one second from the end of the clip.

Using a 3 second fade out time as a better check it seems clear that the fade starts at the beginning of the clip as noted above and fades out 3 seconds before the end of the clip. This is the reverse of what is required

Normally it would start to fade out 3 seconds before the end of the clip not 3 seconds after the start of the clip.

Setting a duration of 8 seconds and expecting the whole clip to fade out gradually over its full length (as normal) results in a silent clip right from the start.

If UnkleBuck has done this and entered a fadeout duration equal to the length of his clip (not unusual in some sound edits) the current fadeout configuration would fade the clip completely right from the start.

Nat

Hi

I'm sure NCH will either come back in, or it will be fixed in next version. I have to say that I find it odd that something that works just fine in a previous version suddenly is not functioning correctly in the next. .... :mellow:

FADE IN seems OK though.

Nat