Apply video effect to all clips

Sempervivum

Hallo,

I'm just editing a video and at the beginning I applied the crop effect to it and choosed the ascpect ratio 16:9. Then I cut the video into several clips, dropped some and rearranged the remaining. Now my video consists of several distinct clips. Then I changed my mind and prefer a 4:3 ratio. No problem to change the effect but I didn't succed in applying the changes to all of my clips. I grouped them but this didn't help. I selected them all by using the CTRL key but this didn't work either. There is a "save" button in the effects window but I didn't find out how to load the saved settings. How can I apply the changed effect to all of my clips so that the settings are precisely identical?

Any help is appreciated.

Best regards - Ulrich

Hallo Borate,

no, unfortunately the drop-down box doesn't display the name of the saved setting although I saved them directly before.

If there is a way to apply an effect to all clips, I haven't spotted it.
That's too bad. Joining clips seems to be impossible either. Now I've used a workaroung by removing all effects and saving as an intermediate video. This one I loaded again and applied the cropping.

Seems to me that buying Videopad was a decision completely wrong!

Thanks for your help and best regards - Ulrich

Can't fathom why the saved setting isn't appearing there. Here, using version 3.51, I cropped a selected clip and saved it as TEST (see image).

Upon reopening VP and loading the project, I selected a clip and viewed its CURRENT EFFECT PROPERTIES. Using the Video menu I chose CROP

and then clicked the small arrow to the right of the "default/custom" box. Clicking on TEST applied the crop to the selected clip. Try a reinstall.

test.jpg

Explain more fully what you are attempting to do in "joining clips?" Perhaps others will have suggestions.

NCH Software offers a no-nonsense 30-day money back policy. If you are unhappy with your software for any reason within 30 days from purchase, contact http://www.nch.com.au/support for a full money back refund.

Hi

If you have placed a clip on the sequence track and then changed it to 4:3 all the clip becomes cropped to 4:3. No problem so far. If you want ot reverse this you can use the "Undo" button to reverse the effect, or cancel the effect with the x in the effects window or use the clip dropdown menu. However if you have subsequently cut and the cropped the sequence into several bits, moved them about and deleted some. The effect is also cut with the new clip bits. Each now seems to behave like a separate clip with its own effect.

Selecting all the clips and deleting the effect only works for the clip you start the selection with.

Grouping the clips and repeating this behaves in the same way.

Using the the Undo button will only re-sort and rejoin the clips in reverse order so again, no use.

Like Borate...I can't think how you might do this without going through each generated clip and deleting the effect individually.

Creating a sequence will produce a NEW clip from your edited one but the effects will now have been incorprated in it and you can't restore the original frame.

Nat

Hallo and thank you for the new answers. Yes, I have cut my initial clip into several pieces, deleted some of the resulting clips and moved the remaining ones. At the end I had about ten single clips in one sequence. Now I wanted to change the cropping effect for all clips and found no way to do this. Selecting all the clip by using the Ctrl-Key did not work. Another approch, linking the clips, had no effect on applying the crop effect. Unfortunately saving the settings did not work. (My version is 3.33) Money back is not possible as I have the program for more than 30 days already.

I worked around my problem by removing all effects, saving the clip in low compression and reloading it in a new project where I had only one clip. Unfortunately Videopad seemed to have problems with my lossless codecs (Lagarith and Huffy). (Poor audio quality, crash).