HD video not working after installing videopad

ezequiel

Hello, i installed videopad and it seemed to worked fine, but then I tried to play HD videos (mp4 - x264), with KMPlayer or GOM player, the audio and video are out of sync. This didn't happen before installing videopad.

Any ideas how to fix it?

VP is not running at the same time.

Computer specs:

Intel core i3, M330 @2.13 GHz

4GB RAM

Windows 7 ultimate, service pack 1, 32bits

video: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470, 2030Mb

I think VP messed up the installed codecs or filters. I tried reinstalling KMP, installing ffdshow, DivX H264, but nothing happened...

By the way, the original files were MTS files from a camera. I could never play these files correctly. That is why I converted them to mp4, keepeng more or less the same video quality. And, at first, mp4 files played correctly.

Then I installed VP to edit the videos.

The out of sync problem happens only with the highest quality videos (10000 kbps, 59 fps). With lower quality (8000 kbps, 29 fps), it plays OK

Hi

I have a less powerful PC than yours and have always found that full 1080p HD MPEG4 files from my camera played out of synch. They would start off OK and then gradually the image lagged behind and could be several seconds out after only a minute or so. I got around this by converting the MPG4 to MPEG2 and then editing.

Nat

Nat's and your observations hint at a PC whose resources are lacking for some HD work. As a rough guide, note the published minimum specs for another, somewhat more sophisticated editing product...

Operating System

• Microsoft Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista and XP 32-bit SP3 (Windows XP Service Pack 3 is required)

Screen Resolution

• 1024 x 768, 16-bit color or above.

CPU Processor

• SD video editing and export: Pentium 4 3.0 Ghz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 or above (Required).
  • AVCHD* and BD* burning: Pentium Core 2 Duo E6400, or AMD Phenom II X2 (Recommended).
  • Full-HD video editing and export: Intel Corei5/7 or AMD Phenom II X4 (Recommended).
  • 2K/4K/3D* video editing and export: Intel Corei7 or AMD Phenom II X4 (Recommended).

Graphics Card

• 128 MB VGA VRAM or higher (1 GB or higher VRAM and OpenCL capable are recommended).

Memory

• 2 GB required.
  • 3 GB DDR2 or above recommended for 32 bit OS.
  • 6 GB DDR2 or above recommended for 64 bit OS.

Hard Disk Space

(Burning)

• 10 GB (20 GB recommended) free for DVD production.
  • 60 GB (100 GB recommended) free for Blu-ray Disc/AVCHD production*.

Burning Drive

• A CD or DVD burner (CD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW or DVD-R/RW) is required to burn VCD/DVD/SVCD/AVCHD* titles.
  • A Blu-ray Disc recordable drive is required to burn Blu-ray Discs*.

I don't understand. It can't be a problem of PC resources, because it worked fine before I installed Video Pad. And Video Pad works fine, the problem is when I play videos with other programs.

Installing VP did something that prevents videos from playing correctly, as they did before the installation.

I just noticed that I have problems with other HD videos, in this case BBRIPs with resolution 1080p. It doesn't play "smoothly". Again the format is mp4 x264. And again, I didn't have this problem before installing Video Pad

That the problem began when VP was installed may be coincidental???

Do the usual Windows maintenance chores: clear temp files by right-clicking on the C: drive (using File Explorer/Manager), clicking on PROPERTIES and then on DISK CLEANUP.

Defrag the drive (if it's not a SSD) via Control Panel|ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS|DEFRAGMENT

Also check your players for alternative decoding methods. In Media Player Classic there are numerous choices. That versatile player (free) can be downloaded from http://mpc-hc.org/