Invoice Prefix on Web Access

Teri

Hi there,

From our main computer, where EI is installed, I can add or change a prefix to the invoice number. But in the web access, there doesn't seem to be a way to do that. It's not the end of the world, but we have found that it defaults to the last prefix used. Which means if I add a prefix on the main computer, the next person to use the web access gets that prefix defaulted to the invoice number. Not good.

It doesn't seem to do any good to just go in on the main computer and delete the prefix from the invoice screen. You have to actually record an invoice to change the defaulted prefix.

Any suggestions?

Teri

Actually, newer versions of EI do not allow editing invoice prefix or number from "New Invoice" window.

But, you can always change or delete the prefix in Options -> Invoice page, without having to record an invoice to make it default.

What am I missing here? I don't see and Options -> Invoice page. When I go into preferences, I can't find anywhere to change either the invoice # or the prefix. I thought I saw that somewhere sometime, or am I thinking of Inventoria?

Teri