Moving parts from one stave to another

I am creating a 4 part voice harmony and I have created the soprano and bass clefs. I tried to add the alto part and it created a new staff. Is it possible to put two parts on one staff? Soprano and alto on one and tenor bass on the other?

• 5 months later...

If the Sop. and Alto "move" together, create 2-note chords. Do the same for T and B. The software hasn't been able to hold one note while another moves. (e.g., an "Amen" where S holds the Ah for a half note, while A sings two quarter notes). The work-around is to show it all in quarter notes and tie the Sop line.

The other option is do Alt + P to bring up parts. add two more lines, one for A and another for A. Even if they show up in the wrong place,, you can highlight each one, and move it up to the right level in the stave.

If the Sop. and Alto "move" together, create 2-note chords. Do the same for T and B. The software hasn't been able to hold one note while another moves. (e.g., an "Amen" where S holds the Ah for a half note, while A sings two quarter notes). The work-around is to show it all in quarter notes and tie the Sop line.

The other option is do Alt + P to bring up parts. add two more lines, one for A and another for A. Even if they show up in the wrong place,, you can highlight each one, and move it up to the right level in the stave.