Where is my file?

bkdamkr

Hi

I'm trying out Debut. I successfully scheduled, saved, and watched several short screen capture streams yesterday, so I scheduled Debut to record a screen stream last night. Today, there is no file in my "Find and Play File" box. Where did it go? Is there somewhere else Debut may have put it? And on the "Schedule" box, the recording shows up but the status is "Inactive". It WAS active when I programmed and checked it yesterday. Any ideas? Is there some reason Debut switched it to "Inactive" and didn't record?

This function is the reason I would buy Debut so if I can't set it to record overnight, it's of no use to me.

Thanks,

Brian

• 1 year later...

Have you checked the destination folder listed in Debut's options-output window? I leave it set to the default, then create a desktop shortcut for easy access.

If you are recording very large files, I would definitely recommend using mp4 output format, and a usb 3.0 external hard drive of 4TB (4000 GB) or more. (Costco - $150). Set the destination folder to a folder on the external drive. And, of course, use a UPS (uninterruptable power supply).

And you should set the options-record option to create a new recording every hour or less (you'll lose a few seconds each time a new recording starts.)