software creating invoice while stock is zero

shahid

Hi,

1. I have installed Inventoria and Express invoice and have integrated both. When I create invoice, Express invoice gets the item details from Inventoria, works fine, but there is a problem, when in inventoria the quantity of one item is zero or below zero Express invoice still printing invoice and subtracting the item quantity from Inventoria, showing (-) for that item in Inventoria. If some item is not in stock it should warn and shouldn't accept that item for invoicing, as if we try to sell stock in Inventoria and we are out of stock; it doesnt create the record. Please advise, where I am missing some steps.

2. I am evaluating the software, once tested, how to delete the dummy data or I will need to re-install the software.

3. How to add Inventoria and Express Invoice users on one computer?

Thanks

1. There is a check box in 'Options -> Inventory' to 'Show warning for items that aren't in stock'. My guess is, if you tick that it should show warning, although I have not tried it myself.

2. I suggest create a backup first for everything from 'Tools->Back up data'. Then, uninstall Express Invoice including all data (it should ask you when uninstalling). Finally, re-install it.

3. Not sure what you meant there.

3. There aren't different users for the actual computer the software is on. But what you can do instead is have people use the web access instead of the direct software access. People would just put in the local address in the web browser (just bookmark it) for the web access. Then they would have to enter in their user info to login. It doesn't track who does what, but you can give people different levels of access (administrator, user, viewer). People would also have to remember to log off when done.

• 4 months later...

"1. There is a check box in 'Options -> Inventory' to 'Show warning for items that aren't in stock'. My guess is, if you tick that it should show warning, although I have not tried it myself."

This only works if you sell from Inventoria. If you create an invoice or quote through Express Invoice you get no warning. Would be nice if you can get a warning instead of quoting or selling stock you don't have