Creating peak roof at ends of home; I.E. story and 1/2

scag386

I am new to Dream plan and trying to model my home to illustrate future improvements slated for this year.

When I create outer walls and try to affix a roof, it seems I can only place a roof with (4) pitched sides.

I own a story and a half home with peek all the way to each (long) end of the home.

How can I create:

1) second story walls at each end of the model with angle to represent roof pitch? and

2) create roof on top of that, and

3) will I be able to create dormers on top of that roof as illustrated on the software packaging shown on

the ad page??

Any help would be greatly appreciated-

Paul-

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi,

I have recently downloaded this software to help me to help an architect to visualise the type of house that I would like to build. I do have a problem with the roof tool though, in that I want to add a compound roof i.e. a roof with two gable ends intersected by another section of roof with two gable ends at right angles to the first. Will this be possible in the up-date, and what is the timeframe now? Thanks.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I am looking to do 1/2 stories and or sloped roofs as well. This post has been around 3 years, is there really intent to produce this feature? Can you share with your community a road map at least to see what is taking priority on your to do list?

Thanks

Jay

Hello,

I tried a number of ways within the software to create a vaulted ceiling porch roof with the software. It appears there is a necessity within the code to have supporting walls in place before creating a roof. I was looking at supporting posts integral with a deck system and the software would not play nice with what I was thinking so I went old school and hauled out all my dad's drafting tools and started populating paper. I was able to scale everything properly and the deck and porch roof are now standing. Soon railings and new steps will be in place and it will be populated with family and friends.

The software was very valuable in planning interior remodels as well as looking at exterior finish options on the house but fell short on the porch project.

Now that I've read the entire thread (I apparently should've done that first) I realized that I skipped a head a couple projects....

I was able to create the gable ends of the home design before attempting the porch design. It's been too long so I don't remember how I connected the dots on that one but I do seem to remember not running into failure until trying to add the porch roof....

Sorry, I wish I could help more-

Good luck!

-Paul

• 1 year later...

I am new to and learning this program. I see replies regarding Roof design. I too am trying to make up an exterior view so i may show a contractor what addition I want to add to my house.

I want to show a indented gabled roof. best i can explain is when looking face on , the triangle (roof ) would come out to the front wall with an overhang-showing indentation of about a foot.

as i am trying to design 2 large dormer bump outs on original front roof slope. I hate the small dormer bump outs that are just single window size. mine would each be half the width of the house length with a joining face wall between and a open bump out balcony. It's be noce to have something that was easy to just paste to front face view but editable to tweak and be able to rotate along with the house plan. I tried doing it by creating walls but it only goes on laying flat to the ground verses being able to rotate it 180 deg. and drag to roof point. Also there is already a 1/2 shed dormer on back that goes from centerline of side view of house to the full length. then the front is just original slope roof.

Also program has glitches every now and then bumps off while working on project. Also watched all the videos before hand. When I am doing the wall, i have to hit the escape key to get out to be able to use the select tool. clicking on wheel or either lh / rh mouse button doesn't detach from tool and wall just keeps going on adding where i don't want it.

Husband passed young and i ended up disabled -all unexpectedly in less than 6 months. So i have to see how i can renovate to accomodate my disabilities and being on my own.

First step is to gather up my ideas and be able to get quotes to see if I can afford having the improvements and the rise in taxes & utilities. trying to get it all down to print out & hand it to contractors. Any help appreciated.

Deborah

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Unfortunately, I don't really understand the program that you use, but when I built my house and then did the design, I used this program https://planner5d.com/use/blueprint-maker. It calculates everything as accurately as possible, creates 3d/5d models of the house and you can change everything for yourself, make an attic with panoramic windows and balconies, etc. Good luck!

• 4 months later...