staff line spacing

ritmopat

is there a way to adjust the space in between the staffs example I need 12 lines to fit on a page I have to adjust the staff size to be able to do this ..then it becomes to small for reading while the space in between the is too large example I have some sheets 12 lines on a page each staff measures 10 mm wide ..on the one I made 12 lines, the staffs are 5mm wide, the space in between each staff is 15mm as compared to my sheet 8mm spacing

thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Alex Chapman

Hi Pat,

We don't yet have a way to adjust staff spacing, but it is a planned feature. Currently staff spacing is proportional to staff size.

Alex

• 5 months later...
  • 6 years later...
  • 5 months later...
On 11/1/2020 at 7:44 AM, geordiegirl said:

The above solution worked fine in the previous edition. Why won't it work in this one? I asked this question about four weeks ago and have not received a reply. I have purchased the new edition but am still using the old one for this reason.

Hi, this might be of help: Go to Score > Settings You should then be able to adjust system height, staff height, and system spacing.

• 5 months later...

The staff spacing seems to be in a fixed proportion to the staff height. So staff spacing is limited to what staff height is set to. I need to keep my staff height and shrink the space between each staff. This is terribly annoying. I am trying to transcribe music for a vision challenge. Is there any way I can get the older version of the software mentioned by others in this thread?

Which version allowed you to right click in a space and change the staff spacing? This thread seems to be from 6-7 years ago, and STILL this "planned feature" has not been added to the current version. Is it ever going to happen? I have a child with visual processing challenges that I am trying to make sheet music accessible for.

• 5 months later...

I am trying out the free version for church music.  I have been able to right click on a staff, choose Spacing, and vary the space between staffs, but it changes ALL  the spacings between ALL the staffs to the same value. There are many songs with multiple verses and one refrain.  It would be lovely if I could vary the spacing between the staffs, to accommodate the multiple verses without wasting a lot of space.  Is there a way to do this?

• 1 year later...

There should be a way to adjust the spacing on just the vocal staff to give more space between it and the 2 accompaniment staves below it. Most songs have more than 1 verse, but if I widen the spacing between staves to type in the other verses, it will also widen the spacing in the accompaniment staves (which is unnecessary).

Widening the spacing in ALL the staves puts fewer staves on each page, which turns a 4-page song into a 7 or 8-page song.

Maybe on the next update this can be addressed.

Thx

Mack