Overlaying Text not showing in video when exported.

KartDude

Good day, I am generally new at video making, but I learned some stuff through trial and error.

I must say that I really like the VideoPad Video Editor program, currently I have version V 3.32

I made a video of 9 minutes. Created by putting together several parts after eachother, and messed a bit around with the sound, and tried severl text overlays.

That's where the problem is. Now I'm not in a rush, as I just created this video for fun. But.. When I look at the Sequence Preview, it looks fine (the text overlay is visible for the duration it should).

But when I exported the video (4 times)

as .avi at resolution 854 x 480 Youtube 480p

as .avi at resolution 1280 x 720 Youtube 720p

as .avi at resolution 1920 x 1080 Youtube 1080p

and as .wmv at resolution 1920 x 1080 Youtube 1080p

All at maximum frame rate 30, and stored them at my computer. All of them when I watched the movies, the text overlays either didn't show, or showed up for 0.1 seconde at the start or end of where they were suppost to show up.

I have tried several things, searched a bit around this forum/google, couldn't find an answer or other people having this issue.

I would love to post this (and other) videos on youtube, which I couldn't upload directly to (but I only tried it once, didn't really look into it, might have been me doing something wrong there, but I can upload other ways, so that's no problem if it doesn't work).

So does anyone know what I might have done wrong, or what I should do differently?

Help is really appreciated. (I can post more info if asked for it, if I missed out something important)

Oh, and yes, I have put the text overlays in Video Track 2, Video Track 3, etc. (as I thought those were the overlayers), as the main video is in Video Track 1

Thx, KartDude

Running version 3.29, I produced a 15 second segment with scrolling text in both AVI and WMV at lowest resolutions, 30 fps.

Then I substituted static text and exported in highest AVI and WMV resolutions. All OK. Was unable to duplicate your findings.

Hi

I can't reproduce this fault either. Text overlays seem to work OK.

As you appear to be still getting used to the program I would try for a start by putting a single video clip on the sequence line and then adding a single text overlay above this. Export this very simple sequence to your PC in the different formats and see what you get.

If it's OK, go back and add some more clips etc. This way you may be able to see at what stage the fault occurs. If, as you say the sequence plays OK then it might be a problem with the version of VP you are using. I am iusing VP 3.29

Are you possibly masking your text images with further overlays above them?

Nat

I made a smaller version:

Video looks fine, untll you look at this image:

Where you can clearly see that I added text in the video as an overlay. Maybe this will be more info where you can see what is wrong?

And yes as you can see, there are more overlays over eachother, however, sometimes I don't use multiple over eachother, and still the same thing happens.

(I also tested the same video with removing the 2nd "omg!" overlay, that I just have 1 overlay, but it's still not showing up at all.)

KeRJzwR.png

HI

There does seem to be something wrong here. The "WOW" overlays play as expected but the two "omg" overlays don't appear.

although the sequence preview pane correctly shows both present at 19 secs.

Now, .... Going back to a previous version of VP I drew attention to the fact that the last IMAGE on the sequence line did NOT render.

Video clips were OK but if the last item on the sequence was an image it didn't appear in the exported video! In effect this made the idea of end titles over an image unusable.

The way around this bug (which seems to have been corrected in 3.29) was to add a blank frame (in effect another image) after that final image. This meant that the final image was now exported but the blank frame wasn't.

I know your version is labelled 3.32 and not the version I commented on, but I would suggest that you try adding another overlay to follow each of the "omg" tracks. Make the image very short consisting of, say, just a full stop. If the problem is due to this bug, this full stop "image" would then be the one that is not exported and your "omg" overlays would then be visible.

Just a thought!

Nat

Thx Nat! :D That did the trick (at least for the small video)

Created and added "empty text file" to where the "omg!" "omg!" overlays should have been, and moved the original "omg!" text in front of it (doesn't matter how long the original text lasts).

It will remain in screen (after exporting) for as long as the empty text file is there. Kinda weird, but it works. Even for several overlays, now let's see if I can "remake my movie" so that it works there aswell.

Thx again to you guys for helping me out! ^_^ ^_^

Regards, KartDude.

• 5 months later...

Hello,

Same problem, equivalent solution.

I display my text "twice".

1st display for a couple of frame (not shown during export)

2nd display for the required length (the last frame of the 1st display is shown during the length of the 2nd display)

To be clear:

After export : the LAST frame of the first display is kept during the length of the next (and probably pasted) picture : it could be text, picture or "BLANK text"

The same text twice give this opportunity to have the quite same behaviour during work, preview and export.

Not tested yet, If I apply some effect on the text (pictures) what does happened ?

Hi

If you are using the version of VP that had the original problem. Images and text behave in the same way. If the last item on the timeline is an image (or text) it will play in the preview but won't be exported. As I mentioned above, the way around this was to add a further blank image or a further blank text to the timeline.

All the later versions of VP (currently up to version 3.73) are correct.

Nat