Retrieving my old projects

Lemodile

Hey all,

I didn't see a similar thread in the first few pages, so I decided to write something up myself.

I used to use mixpad back in 2008-2009 to record music. During this time it always worked fine, but as my enthusiasm for recording grew I ended up buying a mixer, which came with a cubase license. I then stopped using mixpad.

A few weeks ago I came across my old project files and the nostalgia sort of hit me. I wanted to hear what it was I recorded 5 years ago. I was overjoyed to see mixpad still exists and downloaded the program.

The program itself seems to work, however, it can't seem to cope with my old .mpdp projects. The .mpdp projects I had were all large files, ranging from 300mb to like 1gb. The current version of mixpad (I think) strips the audio files and corresponding graphs from the file, leaving me with tiny .mpdp files and a .ProjectData folder in which I get a bunch of .aud and .grf files.

I would be fine with this if it allowed me to listen to anything. However, mixpad loads up the project and places empty audio files where the original recordings should have been. Loading the .aud files into a new mixpad project results in mixpad trying to decode+convert them using directx and presents me with continous noise at full volume (same thing happens using Switch from NCH). On top of this there is no way to restore my files!!

I also tried just playing the .aud files (using VLC), which returns that the audio format is "undf". This error is consistent even when I change the file extention (for example from .aud to .wav).

I hope anyone has had this problem before and knows a way to get these projects to work again. It would not be the end of the world for me to forever have lost these files, but I'd be quite sad nonetheless :-( A link to a mixpad version dating back to 2009 would also be hugely appreciated, so far google hasn't delivered.

Thanks!

Lemo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My only post as of this date concerns lost MixPad files. I too can't open previous files...serious flaw...not to mention the exclusive nature of the .mpdp files. I need to

be a software code writer more than audio engineer/musician to survive with MixPad ...any version.