how to change the invoice #'s of pre recorded invoices?

danvira89

Hello,

I have been using this software for about two months now and have created more than 2,000 invoices. The problem is I have been generating them with random invoice numbers. I am new to this and have just learned about the necessity of sequential numbers. How can I go about creating/ modifying a numerical sequence for the invoices already made. I have one week to either remake 2 months of invoices or find a way to change the invoice number on the ones already made.

al help Is appreciated.

thanks

Daniel V.

I had this problem when I started using this software, too. I was using our old system of numbering the invoices and it just didn't work with Express Invoice. I don't think that you can go back and change the invoice #'s. I had to either delete and redo the invoice, or just go from where I was with the built-in sequential numbering.

There has to be something wrong here,think about it,what if I have to send the same invoice to my customers for a monthly service,price is the same each month,so if I cant change the invoice number then that means I will have to creat a new invoice.What if I have 80 customers who I do a service every month.That means that every month I will have to create 80 new invoices,but they will be the same as last mths except for the date,so not being able to edit the invoice numbers on old invoices is a bit stupid.Someone please correct me if I am missing something.

I have noticed that there is an option for a recurring invoice, though I haven't used it. When you create an invoice, the record button has a drop down. One of the options is "Save as Recurring." That may be something for you to look into.