How to Move Express Accounts to new computer + data

mfletcher

Backup/Restore would help in this situation.

First on old laptop:

- Click 'Back up data' under top-left 'Accounts' menu.

- Select 'Back up to a Network folder' and 'Select a desired folder' location

- Click 'Back up now'.

- It should have created a backup folder of all the data. Copy the backed up data to a USB/external/network drive

Finally, on the new destop:

- Load the USB/external/network drive.

- Install ExpressAccounts,

- Click 'Restore data' under the 'Accounts' menu.

- Read the warning and click 'Restore from backup' if you agree.

- Select 'Restore manual backup' and 'Select the backup folder'

- Click 'OK' to restore.

Hope this helps!

Followed instructions but new system will not restore the data to the new machine.

Old system win 7 laptop with licensed Express Accounts version 3.03 - backed up to usb drive, it created a file named

expressaccounts-backup-2014-03-25

I open the new software just registered Express accounts plus version 4.86 it will not load the files in restore says it is an incorrect file.

An ideas???

Mike

mfletcher@heeth.com

- Try copying the folder ExpressAccounts-Backup-2014-03-25 to your Desktop.

- Check inside the folder. It should contain many sub-folders in it, such as Accounts, Invoices, orders, etc., otherwise something wrong went with your backup process.

- When restoring, at 'Select Backup File' browse window, navigate and select the top folder 'ExpressAccounts-Backup-2014-03-25'. After successfully selecting, the 'Restore File:' input box should show entire path of the folder, for example, if you selected the one on Desktop folder, it may say: "C:\Users\<your user name>\Desktop\ExpressAccounts-Backup-2014-03-25"

• 4 months later...

I went from 3.3 running on XP to 4.92 on windows 8. The restore command would not accept the file name.

The only extra step I took was to run a back up of the new software to the location of the old back up. So:

Install new software on the new computer, then run accounts back up to the destination folder where the back up "old" resides. Then run "restore" back up on the new computer selecting the "old" file. I suspect the dates of all 3 files need to be the same so do all 3 the same day.

It imported all my old data perfectly. My suspicion is that the software cannot be restored until it has actually been created by the data hence the same day for all 3.

Hope this helps

• 2 years later...

All you want to do is click on tools> select backup data> there will be 3 option

1. save in network folder if yes select the path click next

2. if you want to burn in a cd put a cd click next to burn

3. if you want to copy in a usb drive click that and next button.

Thats it all done you need to keep your registration key with you, when you move the software to new system it will requier for it.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

New to the forum but been using the software for a couple of years.

My laptop died yesterday and I couldn't use backup/restore to move the data but can get into the old hard drive.

I navigated to C:/ProgramData/NCH Software/ and copied the folder "ExpressInvoice" and then pasted it into the new hard drive in the same position.

Everything opened wonderfully and works. Thanks NCH for making the programme simple. :)

• 2 years later...

I have tried moving my account info from my old MAC to my new PC using the Back-up and restore but cannot get it right. I get the message that the restore has been done but non of my info moved to the new PC? I am backing up to a removable disc, what am I doing wrong?

21 hours ago, DavidC said:

I have tried moving my account info from my old MAC to my new PC using the Back-up and restore but cannot get it right. I get the message that the restore has been done but non of my info moved to the new PC? I am backing up to a removable disc, what am I doing wrong?

I too have tried to move my account info from an old computer to a new computer.  We were using an old version of Inventoria and have upgraded to a new version.  We backed up from the old version and tried to restore the data into the upgraded software on the new computer, it says it has been restored but nothing is there!  Any helpful suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

very new to forums but, I have managed to backup and restore my Express Accounts data but, it won't let me use the paid registration code I used when I first got the software. The error says that the registration code that I am using was for a previous version of Express Accounts. 

Is there a way to reset the code or get another one that I can use without paying for a new one. If not is it possible to download a previous version of the software (the version that I was using when I brought the registration code).

Would really appreciate any help you can give.

Daniel

• 7 months later...

Hi, new to the forum , but been using Express Accounts for 8 years, as above need to move existing data to new PC, do I need to buy and install a new copy of the software - I don't see it in the backed up data, tia.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, I am trying to help my partner move all his info from our old Mac which is about to die any moment, on to our new one.

As with other people, we have received a message saying that our previous version is too old.

I think we purchased it in late Feb 2018 or early March. I'm not very technical, but from reading the forum, it looks like you might be able to send me a link to an older version that we can install on our new computer..is that correct?

Also, when I was initially trying and I put in the Registration Code, there was a warning that we might be blocked if we try to use the code on multiple computers...I hope that doesn't happen in our case.

Many thanks,

Sue

• 6 months later...