Export Midi Not Working!

Dougsup

Guest Alex Chapman

Hi Doug,

What version of Crescendo are you using? I just tested export to midi in version 1.19 (the latest release) and it seems to work fine for me.

Alex

Guest Alex Chapman

Hi Doug,

It seems that export to MIDI is working in general, just not for certain pieces. I managed to reproduce the problem with your 'Nonsense Chorus' piece that you sent me last time, so I've filed this as a bug in our bug tracking system. It should be fixed by the next release.

Alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks,

Is it perhaps the size, or when text is included? I opened a dummy file, typed in a few random notes, and Crescendo offered to export a MIDI file when I asked it to. I wish you well. Your timeliness and attention to detail are both admirable.

Ah well!

D

• 5 months later...

Simple as that... I click the "Export Midi" command... -Nothing.

If I click import midi, I get a dialogue box, suggesting it will work!

Any clues?

thanks, Doug

I come to you to share my experience, I had a totally similar case with "export as image"

the solution, for me, was to change the title : it had some characters "song" which prevented the window to open,

as soon as I erased these little " " from the title, it WORKED immediately ! (because per default the filename taken

for export is the title... so it failed to open that second little window)

cheers !

M

• 2 months later...

I am on Windows 7 and I have Crescendo version 1.34 which I updated a few weeks back.

Before updated I would use the "export midi" which I would send to my mac laptop and use it on garage band with no problem. I would get two tracks one for the treble and one for bass.

Now, on my mac I have Yosemite with a new version of garage band. The midi get split into 3 tracks and when I use the editor to look at the notes, they are not the same as what I had input on Crescendo and it doesn't always play correctly.

What's happening???