Stereo mix not a recording option on Win 8.1

Square1

Hi all:

Been using WavePad a long time and love it. Just got a new PC with Win 8.1 and STEREO MIX is not a recording option, just the microphone.

I right click on the recording options. STEREO MIX is not even an option to enable. It just isn't there.

It is a Toshiba L-75 A7380 model. Without STEREO MIX WavePad is useless. Does anyone know what driver si need to use, etc. to enable STEREO MIX.

Thank you!

Guest Alex Chapman

Hi,

Check out this page, which describes how to enable Stereo Mix. I guess you already know how to do this, but one thing I noticed there is that you need to make sure that "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices" are enabled. It could be that you just need to do that to see your Stereo Mix device. If that doesn't work then I guess you do need to find new drivers, but I don't know which ones I'm sorry.

If you can't get this working, try our streaming audio recorder, SoundTap. It can record audio sent to any Windows output device, so you may be able to use it to achieve the same result as Stereo Mix.

Alex