Logo

dmoran

This, from the VP help file (click the ? at the top-right corner of the VP window)...

"Watermark Image

A watermark image is a small, often partially transparent, image overlayed on one corner of a video. For example, to show a company logo on a corporate video. This effect can be achieved using the following steps:

1. adding it to a video track above the background clip(s).
  2. Overlay the image clip on the sequence by adding it to a video track above the background clip(s).
  3. Edit the video effects applied to the image clip.
  4. Add or select the Motion effect. Reduce the Scale value to make the image smaller. Adjust the Position X and Y values to move the image near one corner.
  5. Add or select the Opacity effect. Reduce the Opacity value to make the image partially transparent."

The Chromakey (green screen) feature may also be useful, depending upon the logo source material.

• 9 months later...

With the project loaded, expand the timeline for best view by dragging the slider knob at the bottom-left of the window to the right.

Remember, video on higher-numbered tracks on the sequence takes precedence over video on lower-numbered tracks.

Here, a transparent Apple logo has been placed on track 2, and the result...

8.jpg

If a background (lower-numbered track) video has no watermark, then it's being added on a higher track. Remove that overlay track, or click the HIDE TRACK ON OUTPUT icon, the "eye" at the left side of a track.

If the background clip on a lower-numbered track HAS a watermark, then it's embedded into that clip and cannot be removed. Replace it with the original video that had no logo/watermark.

Hi

If you find that you cannot remove a watermark because it is incorporated in the actual clip you are using and is not on a higher overlay track then you may be able to eliminate it, depending on its position of course by cropping the clip.

Inevitably this will mean losing some of the frame. This is the simplest solution if the mark is small and near the edge or corner of the frame

As an alternative if the background to the watermark is a fixed colour you could add a cropped blank frame with the same colour to the overlay track so it covers it up. Matching the colour is the problem here.

Another option which may work - a lot depends on the clip contents, is to place the clip on the sequence line and crop to an area as close as possible to size of the watermark and as near as possible so it has the same,or very similar background...eg sky/clouds etc. Move this cropped area so it should cover the position of the watermark..you can adjust it later. Pull the cropped clip up to the overlay track.

Now select the clip once more from the media list and drop it onto track 1 below the cropped clip. With adjustment the cropped clip can be positioned over the watermark and if the colours etc are similar it can actually be quite effective.

Worth a try

Nat

Thanks!

I will try your recommendations. I know that I created the watermark in an earlier project but now it is automatically added to each new project. So somehow it is in VideoPad -- I just haven't been able to find where I added it to delete it for some projects.

Thanks for all of the help.