Volume level of recordings

scott_walowsky

Volume level is low with my SoundTap recordings. I have to turn up the volume control of whatever I'm playing them back on, quite a bit more volume that anything else I listen to. Is there a way to increase the volume level during the recording process? I've tried recording at low quality and high quality and am getting no noticeable difference. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Sorry in advance if you've already got this figured out, but try to raise the volume on the source. For example, an internet page that streams audio will usually have a volume/mute control (usually represented as a speaker icon.)

Also check your system volume. While recording with SoundTap it is good to get the meter readings showing in the yellow to orange area; the program doesn't offer much in accurate display, nor can you make any adjustments to recording volume. If you want to amplify your files, WavePad is a great program.

Thanks for the tips. I have indeed increased the volume level of the source (internet page) and my system volume for that application (Chrome browser). I've also learned that the main volume of my computer doesn't affect the recording. I can actually mute the main volume and the recording will not be affected. The application volume and the volume control within the web page definitely make a difference. I will try WavePad for boosting the volume. Thanks again for the advice.