How do I move text I've already added to the score?

RegRom

Hi,

I have been using Crescendo for a while, and recently updated to the latest version, and have found several considerable improvements. Thanks.

However, I find that I'm now unable to move text, once I've inserted it in the score, which the previous version allowed me to do very easily.

Please forgive me, if I'm missing something obvious, but a little nudge, in the right direction, would be much appreciated!

Thanks for reading this,

Roger.

Guest Alex Chapman

Hi Roger,

It looks like you've found a bug in the latest release (v 1.17). I can confirm that I get the same problem. It should be fixed in the next release, but in the mean time you can use the following workaround:

1. Move the text as you used to, with the mouse. You won't actually see the text move (this is the bug), but behind the scenes it will actually be moved.

2. Select a tool (such as the quarter note tool, by pressing '3'), and move it over the score. Your text should now move to where you tried to move it.

Alex

Thanks Alex,

Your prompt acknowledgement and helpful response is so much appreciated, particularly after the recent disappointing "hand-washing" I've experienced with the so-called support for a subway simulator.

Crescendo is such a great piece of software (and FREE - unbelievable!) so I look forward to the fix, and thank you for the workaround in the meantime. I've just tried it, and it works exactly as you describe - another PLUS!

Thanks again, for this great software, and best regards,

Roger.

Downloaded v1.16 to upgrade fro my old one, found this problem then & ran 'Repair', resulting in v.1.17 appearing (no going back). One of our accordion club members was able to move txt in v1.16 but mine would not work (my PC on XP & his on Vista). He accidentally upgraded to v1.17 & now has the same problem. Will try the above solution, greatly miss this facility that the older version gave. Roll on update as this is by streets the most user friendly notation software I have tried.

Ray

• 7 months later...

My version (September 2014) is 1.33 - If this means you've gone through another 15 versions since the last post in this thread, it sounds like there are a lot of problems in the software for that many fixes in just 7 months, roughly once every two weeks. Sounds to me that this software is not ready for prime time!