No Sound from Tone Generator

dnagara

Hi there,

I recently purchased the Tone Generator software after good experiences with the demo version. First use after purchase went well. The next day I tried to use the software, and no sound played back. I went ahead and went to Add/Remove programs (windows) and ran a re-install of the software. No luck here either. The player shows that there is a tone being generated after I select the play button, but no sound is audible (I have double checked the volume bar within the software, I have double checked my device settings/audo output settings). Ever have this happen before?

• 5 months later...

I had the same problem, no sound output from my speakers when playing a tone. I am running Windows 7 on my computer, and I finally found that clicking the VOLUME icon in the lower right of the quick launch bar and then clicking MIXER brought up a NCH Tone Generator slider that was all the way down (muted). Moving the slider up un-mutes the speakers and increases the tone volume.

• 8 years later...
On 1/13/2014 at 6:14 AM, dnagara said:

Hi there,

I recently purchased the Tone Generator software after good experiences with the demo version. First use after purchase went well. The next day I tried to use the software, and no sound played back. I went ahead and went to Add/Remove programs (windows) and ran a re-install of the software. No luck here either. The player shows that there is a tone being after I select the play button, but no sound is audible (I have double checked the volume bar within the software, I have double checked my device settings/audo output settings). Ever have this happen before content generator free?

To begin toning out a wire, connect each tone generator lead to a different conductor of the “target” wire to be toned out. Briefly switch the generator to the “Continuity” function, to make sure there is no short (light stays off), then proceed with toning.
All tone generators convert electrical signals into an audible compression wave in virtually the same way that your home stereo system accomplishes the same task. The electronic signals pass through a coil that produces a magnetic field when it receives a current.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 12/22/2022 at 8:38 AM, jadenwu39 said:
To begin toning out a wire, connect each tone generator lead to a different conductor of the “target” wire to be toned out. Briefly switch the generator to the “Continuity” function, to make sure there is no short (light stays off), https://sharpedgeshop.com/collections/gyuto-knives-chefs-knife then proceed with toning.
All tone generators convert electrical signals into an audible compression wave in virtually the same way that your home stereo system accomplishes the same task. The electronic signals pass through a coil that produces a magnetic field when it receives a current.

i have the same problem, thanks for this