Soundtap cannot connect to filter driver?

dcsixsidedhalo

• 4 months later...

I am receiving almost the identical problem........a re error message says "06 29 32 Sound Tap could not connect to the filter driver. If you have not restarted your computer since installing Sound Tap, then you need to do so now."

After I restarted I am unable to locate the program so I installed again but with the same error message. When I close the "Sound Tap" window, I am unable to find the program in the search box or in the control panel.

Could someone suggest a solution?

• 1 year later...

Hi onesmartguy,

Could you give me a few details please?

1. What OS are you using?

2. What kind of sound card do you have?

3. Could you please describe the process you are using to try and record and what error message you are getting?

Regards,

Ben

• 1 month later...

Hi jdanicolaisen,

It sounds like the SoundTap installation did not survive the update to windows 10. The first step would be to uninstall and reinstall SoundTap. If that doesn't work then you need to make sure that all of your sound drivers have been correctly updated - it could be that one of those is no longer playing happily with the new operating system.

Regards,

Ben

Thank you Ben - I have updated my sound drivers after updating to Windows 10. But I will try to unistall and reinstall SoundTap then. Will have to dig up my registration code from my mailbox, I guess. Will post here again, when I've found out if it works.

Best regards

Jakob

• 3 months later...

Hello I am getting the same message after downloading Soundtap and uninstalling. Everything I install it all my audio gets shot off. When I uninstall it all my audio comes back on. I have updated all my audio drivers and it's still saying it's not connected to the filter driver. I was recording with this audio software last week until I had to take my laptop into geek squad cause my laptop was caught in a loop while trying to reset my laptop. Please help I have no idea what else to do.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Same Issue, When soundtap is installed my audio driver is not.  

I used to have soundtap on my old computer running windows 10.   I just got a new computer today, still running windows 10 but the new soundtap software i just downloaded ( and paid for) doesnt seam compatible with windows 10.

I had to uninstall sound tap and restart to get my audio back working again.

please help!

On 9/30/2016 at 0:14 PM, Metallicafan1980 said:

Hello I am getting the same message after downloading Soundtap and uninstalling. Everything I install it all my audio gets shot off. When I uninstall it all my audio comes back on. I have updated all my audio drivers and it's still saying it's not connected to the filter driver. I was recording with this audio software last week until I had to take my laptop into geek squad cause my laptop was caught in a loop while trying to reset my laptop. Please help I have no idea what else to do.

I solved our problems. (windows 10)

1 - install soundtap

2- When restarting you must hold shift when clicking on restart.  follow the instructions on how to disable driver signature verification.

http://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-to-disable-driver-signature-verification-on-64-bit-windows-8.1-so-that-you-can-install-unsigned-drivers/

when this is done correctly, your windows will be restarted without the red "x" over the speaker icon and sound tap will now work.

unfortunately for me, i have to restart in this mode everytime while soundtap is installed.  If i don't, the driver signature requirements turn back on and the sound will no longer work.

There is a way to permanently disable this driver signature verification. however, I don't want to be screwing with my BIOS at this time.

Good Luck! 

• 3 months later...

I have this same problem when updating to V. 4.0. I use Windows 7 on a 64-bit system. Does this fix still apply? Windows says my sound driver (RealTek 6.0) is installed, but NONE of my programs recognize it now, including Windows Media Player and internet sites like YouTube.

The message is: 152413 - SoundTap could not connect to the filter driver. If you have not restarted your computer since installing SoundTap, you will need to do so now.

This isn't the first time I've had this problem updating SoundTap only to find it doesn't connect to my driver, but it is the first time I don't seem to be able to fix it. This is an unbelievable annoying problem with SoundTap and apparently, I'm not the only one. You should REALLY fix this problem in time for the next version of SoundTap. Thanks.

Edited by kathy2trips
Add more information

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/05/2016 at 0:03 AM, nchBen said:

I am having the same problem. Help from Nch = Zero. Clearly Nch must no about the Windows driver signature problem and should be making it clear to the buyer. I have been miss sold.