No sound on playback after editing with VP Editor

moneylab

I'm a new user of VideoPad Editor. I have an mp4 video source file with audio that I'm trying to cut prior to uploading to YouTube.

The video plays fine using VLC or Windows Media player. I'm able to trim the video on VP Editor, but I've noticed that both on the Preview and on the saved file (both flv and mp4 formats), the finished clip has no audio whatsoever!

There appears to be an audio track on the timeline alongside the video track, so I'm at a loss as to why my finished product has no audio at all, even though it was fine on the source mp4.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

I'm a new user of VideoPad Editor. I have an mp4 video source file with audio that I'm trying to cut prior to uploading to YouTube.

The video plays fine using VLC or Windows Media player. I'm able to trim the video on VP Editor, but I've noticed that both on the Preview and on the saved file (both flv and mp4 formats), the finished clip has no audio whatsoever!

Has the audio track been muted inadvertently? "Speaker" icon at the far left of the track. Is the volume control slider all the way to the right?

• 3 weeks later...

I am a new user to. My recording from my camcorder also shows there is a track there but when I record it there is no sound. I have tried a few things but nothing works. The "Speaker" is unmuted and the volume slider is all the way to the right. It's been frustrating when I burn a disc and there continues to be no sound. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Hi

Assuming you do have the audio track showing a waveform under the video track (but you have no sound when the clip is previewed or played) and it is not muted ...You could try.....

Right clicking the video clip in the media list and selecting "Save Linked Audio Clip as a New File"

This will extract the sound as .wav file and save it in the default sound file folder set up under "Options" and also put a copy into the "Audio Files" section of the media list.

Check whether this file plays by selecting it in the media list and running it in the left preview pane. If it does play, you could then mute the audio track associated with the clip and then line up the copy audio to synch and play in its place.

Worth a try.

Nat