No sound!

Seagull

I bought WavePad sound editor to prepare music and sponsor messages for community radio.

I love it!

But yesterday the sound stopped - everything is flashing as if sound should be coming out of the computer but there is no sound. Yes I have tried various mp3s.

Itunes, windows media player and the computer sounds all continue to work! I have turned the computer off/on for no effect

I tried to get the next version of WavePad (v5.6) to see if that fixed the problem and I thought the download worked but no it still says v 5.55

At the same time as this the sound level at the bottom right hand toolbar (Windows 7) disappeared - now restored.

Any ideas welcome.

'Seagull' Andrew

Guest Alex Chapman

Hi Andrew,

Here are few things to try (in order):

1. Open WavePad's options and check that the Sound Play Device is correct.

2. WavePad has a volume slider on the right-hand side of the bottom edge (in the status bar). Make sure this is turned up.

3. Try restarting WavePad.

4. Access Windows' Volume Mixer by right-clicking the speaker icon in the Windows task bar. Check that WavePad's volume here is turned up and it isn't muted.

5. Restart Windows. This probably won't work but if everything else fails then it's worth a shot.

6. Have a cup of tea.

7. Come back here and complain that none of it worked.

Hope this helps,

Alex

• 4 months later...

Hi Andrew,

Here are few things to try (in order):

1. Open WavePad's options and check that the Sound Play Device is correct.

2. WavePad has a volume slider on the right-hand side of the bottom edge (in the status bar). Make sure this is turned up.

3. Try restarting WavePad.

4. Access Windows' Volume Mixer by right-clicking the speaker icon in the Windows task bar. Check that WavePad's volume here is turned up and it isn't muted.

5. Restart Windows. This probably won't work but if everything else fails then it's worth a shot.

6. Have a cup of tea.

7. Come back here and complain that none of it worked.

Hope this helps,

Alex

Thanks so much.

This was exactly the problem I had and your first answer solved it.

I guess when you buy the new version the default is set sometimes to something that doesn't run on your computer.

I joined the forum in hopes that someone had an answer and you did.

I have been struggling with this for months.

Thanks again.

Michael Harrington

Quincy, Florida

• 6 years later...