Regional Date Format & Block Positioning

Σcott

I hope I am not the only one who has discovered these weaknesses:

You do not provide a regional Date Format for Australia, ie. 25 October

2013, or 25/10/2013 in this order of: Date/Month/Year.

In Styling, Can you make an option to adjust MARGINS to move the TEXT

BLOCK POSITIONING so the "Date" & "Invoice No." is slightly more to the

left? The Year '2013' is wrapping down to the next line, when choosing the month in all LETTERS. And now that the month is 'November', the double digit date (located after the month) is half wrapping down to the next line. So, for '14', is being split between two lines.

NCH provide an affordable Invoice App. Being a new customer, I really put some time in understanding the App for the last month. So, thanks for the opportunity to post this topic on the forum.

I have my hand up as a beta tester for your next version. I do like that NCH provide SUPPORT.

• 7 months later...

Re: Date format

Interesting that no one has replied or seen the NCH oversight that the format option that I am requesting to be included in Express Invoice.....actually is the default (NCH preferred) format when posting on this forum.

Hey, thanks heaps for a reply. Have another reading of my posting of 15 November 2013.

My specific issue is for the Date Format to be : Date / Month / Year.

I find in "Preferences -> Regional -> Printed Date Format", Express Invoice ONLY provide choices of the Date Format to be : Month / Date / Year - 4 styles; Year / Month /Date - 1 style.

Do you think Express Invoice can provide date format to be : Date / Month / Year ?

Thank you for posting the image. (A picture tells a thousand words!) Your version of Express Invoice must be for a PC based operating system. I use the iPad version of Express Invoice only. The iPad version offers a very LIMITED choice in the date formatting compared to your 'image'. (I am unsure how or if possible to post an image on this forum for you to see the iPad version.) How soon could the iPad version be updated to offer a greater number of Date Formatting choices, including the format I am seeking. Thank you, once again. Cheers.

You're right, I'm using the PC version. In my opinion, that's an important feature missing from the ipad version. You can try putting in suggestion or bug report from ExpressInvoice Help menu.

Again, i'm not sure if that's possible from iPad version. However, i found the weblink to do so:

http://www.nch.com.a...ce&version=4.10

Make sure, the version is correct if you use the above link.

Thank you kindly for your assistance & importantly sending the weblink making it extremely easy for me in submitting an overdue suggestion to the Developers. It read : ....

I use the iPad version of Express Invoice only. The iPad version offers a very LIMITED choice in the date formatting.  For such an important feature, it does NOT offer the format I require (in Australia) : Date / Month / Year. 

I find in "Preferences -> Regional -> Printed Date Format", Express Invoice for the iPad provide choices of the Date Format to be : Month / Date / Year - 4 styles; Year / Month /Date - 1 style.

How soon could the iPad version be updated to offer a greater number of Date Formatting choices, including the format I am seeking?

• 4 months later...

Thank you for finally fixing/offering an important feature to the Date Format, in the iPad version (App update - 11 Nov 2014, Version 4.28).

It has been a long wait since I first brought this to the attention on this forum (15 November 2013), and regrettably it was then left to me to send a bug report to the developers on the 11 July 2014. I hope it is just my experience that Customer Service took sometime to arrive...and NCH leave their other customers satisfied.