Compatibility with Windows 8.1

Thorlogson

I am running Wavepad with no problems on Windows 8. I want to upgrade to Windows 8.1 but the Windows Upgrade assistant highlights Wavepad as requiring an upgrade in order to run. Has anyone actually moved from Windows 8 to 8.1 and, if so, does Wavepad work OK or not? I only bought Wavepad recently so I don't want to move to 8.1 and then find I have to repurchase a Wavepad upgrade.

Guest N C H_TM

danseliger, our developers have checked with Win 8.1 and were successfully able to load and play .wav files. They're doing some additional research and testing to see if there might be any compatibility problems with 8.1. We will let you know if they find a problem.

• 1 month later...

I just downloaded the trial version in Windows 8.1 and it gave no errors when it installed. HOWEVER, when I loaded an MP3 music file, I am not able to play it! I can record, edit, make changes to options, zoom, most anything I have learned to do in the product, BUT I cannot play. Play button or F9 does nothing. I am creating MP3 files of old LP albums but don't want to purchase this software until I'm confident it will do the job for me to create CD's of my record collection.

By the way, I have no issues with sound in anything else.

After a day, I suspect no one at NCH cares whether or not I purchase the software, so I'm canceling this request for support, as I fear no answers or suggestions indicate the same level of support if I DID purchase the software. There must be better supported software available and I do not relish working with unsupported music editing software. Do SveDanya.

Guest N C H_TM

Hi nodnyl, these forums are not designed to be the primary means of contacting NCH support, but are for forum members helping other members. Instead there is a support link on nearly every page of the NCH website including on the landing page for MixPad. To contact the MixPad support team, please visit http://www.nch.com.au/support/supportcontact.html?software=MixPad

After your post on the 16th, I emailed one of the developers and just received his response this morning. He suggested checking on the following:

1. Have you checked the audio options tab and made sure that the correct device is set for playback.

2. Can you play other types of audio files? eg. wav, wma etc.

3. Can you record?

However, as mentioned above, it would be best for you to contact the support team through link I provided.