Differences between free version & purchased version?

Myn

I assume there's some difference, otherwise there wouldn't be two options. Does the free version not have all the features of the purchased version? Does the free version have a watermark or time limit? I looked for answers on the site, but couldn't find any.

Thanks in advance. :)

(In case it isn't obvious - as this is the Debut Video Capture forum - I'm talking about the Debut Video Capture software.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I believe that in the trial version, you can only record audio using the microphone, and not through the internal input. When I record live streaming video, I don't want to record through the microphone. Instead, I connect the speaker / headphone jack to the audio input jack and I am able to record the exact audio signal that is being broadcast, with no loss of signal or background noise that would come from using the microphone.

I believe that in the trial version, you can only record audio using the microphone, and not through the internal input. When I record live streaming video, I don't want to record through the microphone. Instead, I connect the speaker / headphone jack to the audio input jack and I am able to record the exact audio signal that is being broadcast, with no loss of signal or background noise that would come from using the microphone.

Thanks!

I ended up going with a different program. :)

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hey Bob

How do you connect the speaker jack to the audio input jack?

thanks

• 1 year later...

Hi, am experimenting with Debut and am wondering if I could get more up to date info on the free vs paid versions.

I have had the free version, purely for home use, for about 2 weeks and now when I try to us it it says 'The feature you are using is only available in the Professional (paid) version', but I can't see anything on the website about unpaid vs paid features or time limits or anything.

Any ideas please ?

I had the same thing occur to me so I decided to buy the licence. I have tried several Video capture programs and Debut was the only one I found that allowed me to capture the sound from my speakers (even in the Trial version) when capturing streaming video (the program downloaded and installed the additional components necessary for this to work). There were several capture formats that were not available on the trial version. The trial version appears to be somewhat fully functional but only for a limited time from my experience.

• 3 months later...

I was only able to use the trail version for one day before it requested me to buy it. Since I couldn't get it to record sound except from the microphone I haven't decided whether to buy it. I think they should give a long enough trial period with enough features to find out if it really works. The price isn't so high that somebody wouldn't buy it if it worked well.

• 3 weeks later...

As I've mentioned in other posts on this forum, I used a free (non-Debut) screen capture program for a year or so. It had MANY problems, and was difficult to set up for a 16:9 aspect ratio (for youtube). After switching to Debut's free version, I was VERY HAPPY with it's features and lack of problems. It was also very easy to set up and use. I converted to the paid version very quickly, and am continually happy that I did! Their online help is very good (F1), but I've created a video tutorial to help new users. It's part 2B in this series:

I'm a VERY satisfied customer!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/10/2016 at 10:53 PM, clemenzina said:

My latest impression is that the so-called Free version is a 14-day, fully-functional, trial. After that, it won't do anything unless you buy the licence.

Confirmed.

"Free for personal use" has functions that expire after a few days. 

NCH should stop with this 'bait & switch' tactic.