Easiest way to view video via emails

wsplawn

Hello and thank you for a great product.

I see it as a useful thing to send what I think of as video grams. That is, why not communicate from time to time with a video in an email? Not long videos, but perhaps short little messages. But I wonder if this is practical or if there is one way of doing this that is better than another.

I could create a video in a generic format (like mp4) and just fire it off as an attachment. However, I have a concern that some may not be able to view a video in that format. You never know what kind of device the person receiving the email is using. Is there a format that can generally be relied on for a wide variety of receiving instruments - PC, Mac, iPhone, Android etc.

If not, perhaps a better alternative is to post your video to a private section of a web site, like Youtube. Youtube is the only one I can think of but I suppose there are others. This would solve the problem of everyone being able to view the video easily, but the question for me is, how easy is it to do this these days? I mean, I know it can be done by creating the video, opening Youtube and then uploading the video. This is not hard, but it is a little time consuming and unless it is an easy process I think I am not likely to do it often.

Maybe, at this point in technology there's good reason not to try video grams. If the technology isn't quite there or I am not being realistic maybe I need to change my perspective. will appreciate any input or thoughts

Thank you