ezcap + Debut 1.82 = No sound + choppy video ???

linda-trang

I just bought the hardware USB 2.0 Video Capture . The enclosed CD contained ezcap driver & Arcsoft Showbiz 3.5 which provides the capture tool for ezcap . Everything works fine so far for me to convert DV tapes to avi videos . However, this Showbitz program has a big footprint ( over 110 Mbs) compatred to Debut v1.82 ( size = 1.5 Mbs ) . So I tried out Debut to see how it work .

Debut can capture DV video alright ...but the video is choppy & mute !! I think the problem might be due to my errors in configuring the Audio options in Debut ?

My question :

1) How can I configure the audio options when the Audio options in the Devices panel only have : "Microphone " & "speaker" ?

2) I also noticed that In Showbiz 3.5 , it has another audio option called "USB pin source" . Does Debut have a similar audio option ?

Please help me to witness the versatility of this tiny but powerful Debut program ... Thanks

My system : Win 7 Pro .

Hello,

I would recommend removing the driver and installing the Win7 Driver linked on the following page: http://www.altoedge.com/video/ae-video-bundle.html

The AltoEdge device is the same EZ cap device and I have found that no audio/video either meant that the right driver was not installed or the device was faulty. I have also found that poor quality audio and video was often a result of low quality USB cable and/or Audio/Video cables used. Some customers reported using a better quality set of gold plated RCA cables fixed their issue right away while others found the included USB cable to be faulty or of poor quality and replacing it solved their issue.

I hope this helps gets you moving forward.

Team AltoEdge

Hello,

I would recommend removing the driver and installing the Win7 Driver linked on the following page: http://www.altoedge....deo-bundle.html

The AltoEdge device is the same EZ cap device and I have found that no audio/video either meant that the right driver was not installed or the device was faulty. I have also found that poor quality audio and video was often a result of low quality USB cable and/or Audio/Video cables used. Some customers reported using a better quality set of gold plated RCA cables fixed their issue right away while others found the included USB cable to be faulty or of poor quality and replacing it solved their issue.

I hope this helps gets you moving forward.

Team AltoEdge

Thank you for your precious tip ! I removed ezcap driver , installed Win7 Driver but could not find the location of the Win7 driver in my system ( this info is essential to load the driver in System Device Manager ) . I did see the driver in the Windows 7 Control Panel for "Uninstalling and change a program" . Any tip on this one ..please help . Thanks .