Years standing issues with stdriver64.sys

dfumagalli

Hello,

since I purchased my first version of Debut, its stdriver64.sys has always caused me all sorts of issues.

Not just to me, google for this name and you'll find dozens of people who has my same troubles, both with Debut and SoundTap.

Till the last week the driver would cause my Windows 7 Pro 64 bit to Blue Screen of Death when resuming from hybernation.

That was unpleasant but still bearable.

Now I purchased the latest version of Debut and the same BSODs now happen also while I am using the computer, 2-3 times a day.

Since I don't believe NCH will try fix it (so many years, so many complaints over the internet), is there at least a way to remove this driver without losing Debut? I really like and need the software, I will try find a workaround to the functionalities the driver provides. I just can't justify the continuous harassment I get from this driver any more.

P.S. Yes I have checked my PC with Malwarebytes, Avast, Avira and yes all the drivers and operating system is updated.

• 3 weeks later...

Now I purchased the latest version of Debut and the same BSODs now happen also while I am using the computer, 2-3 times a day.

If you installed the driver using the old version of Debut then installed the latest version of Debut over the top, it may not have upgraded the driver automatically. Assuming you still have your registration key, I'd recommend uninstalling Debut (which will also uninstall the driver), rebooting the computer, and doing a clean install of the latest version of Debut.

Note that the driver is not installed by the application installer - it's only installed when you first check the Options -> Audio -> Speakers check-box. In other words, it is possible to use Debut without installing the driver, as long as you don't need to record from speakers.

Finally, If you do try a clean install of the latest version and still see crashes, make sure you report them using Help -> Send Bug Report. If the developers only see bug reports from old versions of Debut, they may mistakenly believe that the problem has already been fixed.