Speed of Program

thevintagenest

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

We're finding the program is going slow especially on first use for the day. Our computer is quite modern.

The first Transactions Report takes about a minute to run and the Copper window title will read "(Not Responding)" until the report appears. Subsequent reports are almost instantaneous.

The first Open Items List takes about 10 seconds and the Copper window title will again read "(Not Responding)" until the popup appears. Subsequent Open Items List clicking is almost instantaneous.

The Find Item feature is generally slow any time. I'm also a computer programmer and I've written dynamic websites in simple Javascript that run instantaneously on searches just like this. Why can't the Find Item feature perform the same?

Still, we love the program and wouldn't trade it for anything else. It does what we need.

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi there,
We have 1030 items by 22 colours and it is totally unworkable with 22k codes.
Looks like I will have to remove the colours from the codes and type in manually which is not what I wanted to do.
Any chance it will be improved for item searching and speed up of the program.

• 2 weeks later...

We back up copper and inventoria first thing in the morning. I think it kind of 'unpacks' the software and gets it ready for use. It certainly fixed the first transaction problem. When you have many thousands of products and variations, the faster the computer, the better.

• 1 month later...
On 5/1/2017 at 8:56 PM, al 456 said:

We back up copper and inventoria first thing in the morning. I think it kind of 'unpacks' the software and gets it ready for use. It certainly fixed the first transaction problem. When you have many thousands of products and variations, the faster the computer, the better.

Sir, Gud Day So it's matter on the speed of your computer? my experience also when i search the item description is very slow i only had below thousands in in the item list but its too slow to search... any advice sir?

Edited by nanding
wrong spelling

• 2 years later...

The Copper program is very slow when I search for products.  it takes 1 to 5 seconds for every letter I write.    My database has approximately 2000 products. I work it in sync with Inventoria. Can someone support me to fix it? Thank you.