RECORDED SOUND HAS CLICKS AND POPS?!

johnnyjjsantiago

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having this issue as well. The audio sounds great until I playback, that's when I hear staticy sounds. I was told to download the most current version to fix the issue, I did that...now it's worse. Now, along with the static it speeds up and slows down. I am SO disappointed...I really need this program to work.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I used the 'free' (trial) and noted a bit of click and pop. Unfortunately I assumed this was an encouragement to buy - Wrong. the purchased software is unusable. The problem is apparent in both mp3 and wav formats

I look forward to a fix, Does anybody at NCH actually read these forums? A response would be nice.

Unhappy customer :angry:

• 4 months later...

I'm also having the static issue - Soundtap v2.21 for Mac OS (running Mavericks) - always getting static in the music starting as soon as I launch Soundtap, disappears when I close Soundtap. Present in recordings.

Looking forward to a response/solution, probably like everyone else here :-)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm afraid I, too, must complain about numerous clicks and pops throughout recordings, and I'm using SoundTap 2.31 on Windows 7. I purchased it when it sounded perfect, but now.... well, I'm highly disappointed. This is being submitted March 26, 2015, and I hope (as with you others) for a response and a solution that allows us to continue using our purchased product without the annoyances.

• 1 month later...

This is crazy - all these complaints just like mine, and a response from NCH is nowhere to be found. I have exactly the same problem - Win7, 64-bit, 16GB RAM - this shouldn't be happening. Every time I try to record the same thing, there are ALWAYS pops and crackles, just more of them or less of them.

Hi Everyone.

If you are having troubles with SoundTap introducing clicks and pops into your recordings then can you please take note of the following things:

1. What were you recording at the time?

2. If you know the technical details that would be great. ie. bitrate, mp3/aac

3. Were you doing other work on your computer at the same time? It should be fine to do so, but it could help me track down the problem.

4. What kind of soundcard are you using?

5. Have you changed any settings on your soundcard. eg. Have you changed the default playback format in the Speakers/Headphones Properties dialog? If so, what are the settings?

6. Does this problem occur every time you record?

7. Does the problem exist after a reboot?

8. Can you save a small snippet of the recording you made so that I can analyze it and track down the issue? If so, I'll contact you via email.

Regards,

Ben

I had reply from NCH suggesting how to cure our problem.It was just how to switch from wav to mp3 or vis-versa and turn up the volume from the recording source.It did not work.I have sent them a reply to say not a cure! I am sure we have all tried this anyway.I await NCH next suggestion.

• 1 month later...

I have also run into this problem and, like everyone else, it worked like a charm when I first got it. Noticed the problem a little while ago but thought it was the source. I see this issue has been here for almost 2 years and is still unresolved. Please help. If this isn't fixed, perhaps a refund? It's useless in its current state.

Hi moeron,

For the vast majority of users, SoundTap works without any troubles, but we are always trying to fix any known issues.

If you look a few posts above (from the 30th April) you will see I have asked anyone having troubles to please provide me with some additional information. If you could supply this then I will have a much better chance of being able to track down this problem and fix it.

Regards,

Ben

• 1 month later...

Hi Ben,

Here is info you requested. Please let me know if you need more.

A song on bandcamp.com

mp3 192bps

3. Were you doing other work on your computer at the same time? It should be fine to do so, but it could help me track down the problem.

No

Not sure but I think it's Realtek

5. Have you changed any settings on your soundcard. eg. Have you changed the default playback format in the Speakers/Headphones Properties dialog? If so, what are the settings?

No

Yes

Yes

8. Can you save a small snippet of the recording you made so that I can analyze it and track down the issue? If so, I'll contact you via email.

I have a snippet of the recording available

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Ben,

As requested, here is the info you need to help resolve this issue which I am also experiencing. I have used SoundTap for a number of years and this is a recent issue:

A live broadcast of a concert from France Musique Radio's website (http://www.francemus...e/103795-113653).

I'm afraid I don't but you may be able to find them on the website.

I have closed down almost everything else on my laptop - there are a few webpages and PDFs open, but that's all.

I don't know; I'm using a MacBook Pro (13-inch, Early 2011) running OS X Yosemite version 10.10.5 if that's of any help to you.

No.

No.

Yes.

Yes, but I can't see how to attach it to my post - if you email me I will send it to you.

Thanks - hoping for a quick resolution.

Kate