Voice Recording/Sync on Screen Capture

Runetic

When I do screen capture and voice over the .avi file plays back fine in the screen capture program, but when I import it into Adobe Premiere Pro to merge it with other video the sync is way off. The FAQ states to change the codecs. Do you have a priority list and is there a way to import new codecs? Is this anything to do with fps? Can I convert the file before I edit it?

• 4 weeks later...

Since noone else is bothering to reply, I'll chuck in my two cents. I seemed to have all my system codecs already when I started using the software, so I suspect you need to install the desired codecs. As for adobe, I don't know about the compatibility, but the most compatible format to export from debut will undoubtedly be an uncompressed or failing that, a very common one. I haven't checked which it comes with by default, but trying a few out will most likely yield results. Good luck!

• 1 year later...

Did you ever find a solution to this I have just started using Debut and have discovered this problem after recording a few hours of screen capture. The sound and video are in sync when the .MP4 file is played outside of premiere but when imported in to premier, they drift - they start off in sync but by a couple of minutes into the recording they are several seconds out.