so new i don't know what to do

ebarg718

I purchased WavePad Master's edition (mistake?). I can not record from a mike. When I start WP, I do not see a waveform. It is there when i play from the download sites prepared music selections. What I see is a flashing white light to the right of my screen, I have some files I have recorded, I think they are there, because it takes time to load them, and i see a file size. The bottom line is I can't get WavePad, to show a waveform when using non professional files. I have uninstalled the product and reinstalled it numerous times.

Welcome to the WavePad forum. I have used WavePad for years, mainly for editing music files that I created from Golden Records, converting my vinyl to .wav files. Those are not "professional" files per se and I have never had any problems with editing them. I would suggest that you start out by reviewing the WavePad tutorials that are accessible from the top left of the screen. The first one covers the basics:

I think that you might need to learn a little bit more about the software to be able to use it effectively. Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

• 10 months later...