Marking & editing soundfiles

cara_11

Hello!

I am new to Wavepad and even if I read the instructions, the selection of a certain part within a song file does not work. Clicking on the beginning of the part and then dragging the mouse (while pressing the left mouse key) to the end of the part doesn't work, and clicking on the beginning & end while pressing the SHIFT key also did not work... this must be real simple , but I don't know how to mark the desired part :( Who can help me please?

THANKS!!

cara_11

• 10 months later...

Hi Cara,

This is one of my favorite features of Wave Pad and exactly why I chose it !

Simply do this and you'll be having fun with this great program as I have:

When you stop your red line of where you're marking your first position

click EDIT click MARK FIRST POSITION

then do the same when you get to your second postion and click SECOND POSITION

it selects the entire range of your first mark to your second, then you can apply whatever

you need to do for the many options to choose from such as speed and pitch or echo, etc.

Remember you can also hold the spacebar while pressing the forward and back arrows, neat huh !?

Have fun, Hope this helps, Thanks

AudioEnhancer

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Cara,

This is one of my favorite features of Wave Pad and exactly why I chose it !

Simply do this and you'll be having fun with this great program as I have:

When you stop your red line of where you're marking your first position

click EDIT click MARK FIRST POSITION

then do the same when you get to your second postion and click SECOND POSITION

it selects the entire range of your first mark to your second, then you can apply whatever

you need to do for the many options to choose from such as speed and pitch or echo, etc.

Remember you can also hold the spacebar while pressing the forward and back arrows, neat huh !?

Have fun, Hope this helps, Thanks

AudioEnhancer

Okay….I have the NCH WavePad Sound Editor v 5.15. When I go to the EDIT TAB, the active options are: CUT, COPY, DUPLICATE, COPY TO NEW, MIX WITH FILE, SILENCE, TRIM, SPLIT, REGIONS, BOOKMARKS, SAMPLES and NCH SUITE. There is no MARK FIRST POSITION, or anything like that. I must not be looking at the correct thing. I should be able to move the cursor by arrowing left or right for those miniscule spaces, zoom in and mark the exact place. So am I in the wrong version of NCH? Which one will do this in editing? I should be able to insert markers all over the place if I want to. Then I can copy, cut and insert as needed. So if I have a instrumental track of a song, that I want to use for a live performance and I want to create a longer / extended intro by re-using some of the same bars, or shorten an instrumental solo, this should be an easy task.

And so far, all I can see to do is to watch the time bar/clock at the bottom of the screen, zoom in to find the accurate spot to establish the curser in the correct place, which is ridiculous. You can not just arbitrarily pick a spot, click on it and drag to highlight unless you know the accurate start and stop points for a clean edit. Please advise.

dswanmusic@yahoo.com

Guest N C H_TM

Hi dswanmusic, I think what you're looking for are what are called Bookmarks in WavePad. To set one, place the cursor where you want the marker and either right-click and select Set Bookmark from the menu, or use the shortcut CTRL+B. A window will pop up allowing you to name the bookmark or just accept the default name. In the top menu you can use Bookmarks to manage the markers you set.

Guest Alex Chapman

I don't know about old versions of WavePad, but in the current version (5.68 on Windows), Mark First Position and Mark Second Position can be found under the 'Edit' menu (the menu, not the tab). They also have keyboard shortcuts Ctrl+1 and Ctrl+2 respectively. To make a selection using them, find the place you want the selection to start and use Mark First Position, then find where you want the selection to finish and use Mark Second Position. The selection will be made as soon as you mark the second position, but you can also use Recall Mark Selection (Ctrl+Alt+2) later.