I can see video but can't her audio

Redbird

Please help, I've been editing this video for a week and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

First of all my video's are played on wmv. After I edited my video and save it to my computer the video plays fine (video and audio). When I save it to DVD I can see the video but I can't hear the audio.

When I save to my computer here are the settings I use...

Preset: Custom

File Format: .wmv

Resolution: 1280 x 720 - HD 720p

Frame Rate: 29.97 (TV NTSC)

Encoder Options...

Video Compressor: Windows Media Video 9

Video Bitrate (kbits per second):

Sound Compresser: Windows Media Audio 9.2

Sound Format: 128kbps, 44kHz, stereo CBR

When I save it to DVD here are the settings I use...

Make DVD Movie

Burner: D:\HL-DT-S HL-DT-STDVD+-RW GSA-H21NB10906/12/21

Video Format: NTSC

Video: Wide Screen (16:9)

Please Help... I'm making this video for a gift and my time is running out :wacko:

Thanks

There are alot variables when burning a disk. If possible always use slowest burning speed when burning (less errors on old dvd burners)(its not an option in Videopad).

It seams like the burner software is having to do to much computations while it is burning so it left out the audio.

Since you already have a wmv copy on your computer...

Here is something to try...

Load that file into Videopad and drag it into sequencer. This will allow the save video button.

Click on that button then click on disc. Then click make dvd movie button, for burner setting use image file not hardware burner.

Click on advanced button and use 9000 bitrate and 320 audio bit rate.

Last click create. When done you will have an iso file.

When Videopad finishes in desktop folder check file size of new iso(right click on file then click properties). It has to be less then 4.7 gigs or you will have to remake the iso after splitting the wmv into two videos.

Burn this using trial of poweriso.

If this works then it was the problem was as described above.

If this still doesn't work then its the settings your using when you first saved the wmv.

Windows movie maker changes its drivers all the time and that is probably the source of your problem...

Load wmv and drag to sequencer. Click save video button.

Click computer/data button. Use these settings.

preset=custom

file format=avi

resolution=1280x720 hd

framerate=29.97

Click on encoder options

video compressor=mpeg4(native)

video compression setting=4096

sound compressor=mp3 (native)

sound format=48,000Hz,320kbps,Stereo

Click okay, then create button.

Click on avi file and make sure it plays in media player. Otherwise some of above settings will have to be changed.

Now load new avi file into editor then drag to sequencer, save video button, disc,make dvd movie, and burner setting=dvd burner.

advanced button settings...9000bitrates,audio bitrates 320kps

Okay button and create button.

If that doesn't work then its the burner hardware or incompatible dvd player. If it still doesn't work let me know, we can use settings that are for ten year old dvd players. Bye, good luck.

I forgot to add the steps I'm taking to edit and the formats.

I'm editing a video from my video camera that has audio. The video part is MPEG, the audio format is has the extension MOI. I am editing 2 of these clips together in the same sequencer. I will put the first clip in the sequence and the first thing I do is unlink the audio from the video and delete it so I can add different audio to it. The audio I add is in wma format. After I add that audio and get it in sync I will add the second clip at the end of this and in that clip I will leave it in the original format (video part is MPEG, the audio format has the extension MOI) I'm I doing something wrong here? Could any of this be causing my problem?

I have tried the first step you gave me without any success. I'm going to try the second part but I have found if I save in the format avi I can only hear the audio and not see the video.

Thanks so much for taking the time to help me with this and walking me through step by step. This is my first attempt and I'm trying not to get discouraged because I have other video I'd like to work on but at this point it's getting very hard not to.

If that doesn't work...

It going to be a codec issue. Your camcorder is not campatible with Videopad. They resolve it in this link below. Videopad is not converting the moi just copying it which doesn't play using that player..

http://uk.answers.ya...30150255AAuo4Vm

Try to download the camcorders software from its website. They should be able to convert it.

Google the word... driver and your windows version and name of camcorder. Only go to official website for software

If none of that works...look into this post

http://nch.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/19345-cant-record-audio-in-screen-capture-mode/

if it plays on your computer you can recapture the video using screen capture and external audio cord

• 6 years later...