Issues Connecting to Audio Steam

GeorgeM

I have set up Broadwave on an XP machine and finally got it to work after several attempts - but I still have one issue, which I'd welcome some advice on.

I am using the unlicenced version and find that when I try to connect to the live audio stream the only way I can do this is to go via the Broadwave Connect webpage and then click on the relevant link.

But if I copy and paste that same link into my browser, I see the following error message reported by Windows Media Player.

'Windows Media Player cannot connect to the server.

The server name might not be correct, the server might not be available,

or your proxy settings might not be correct.'

Is this appearing because I am using the unlicenced software ? and will it go away once registered ?

Or is there a problem with how my PC or router is setup ? I believe I have setup port forwarding etc OK.

NB. If I go via the Broadwave Connect webpage then the audio can be heard clearly - so it does work.

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Sorry for the long delay in responding.

Yes, I did get Broadwave to work, and have used it successfully ever since (now on the licenced version), and on Windows 7.

I think the problem may have been incorrect setup of the port forwarding in my router, which is now resolved.