Mic input

JimVint

I am using the mike input on my Laptop computer and I am not getting good recordings. I purchased a preamp and that has helped the output when I pay through my speakers but not the recorded music. the music is low nad echos and sound like it is coming from about 200 yards inside a cave, it deadens out at points. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I use the Cassette ez part of the SW and it worked great, but I am currently very disappointed witht he vinyl. IF it is user error plase advise what I can do..

Hello Jim: I don't think you will get much joy trying to use a mic jack for record input. I use a Behringer UCA202 "dongle", connected at one end to the Tape Out jacks of my receiver, and plugged into my computer via the USB cable. I consistently get outstanding results.

Hope this helps and good luck. Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Jim: Yes, you do need an amp for best results. Many turntables don't put out enough signal. I have my turntable connected to my AV receiver, and then I connect my Behringer UCA202 to the "TAPE OUT" (Line Out) jacks of the AV receiver. I get great results.

Let us know how you make out. Have a great day.

Regards

-Phil

• 5 years later...