Recovering Shortcut Files from Start Menu

Guest Daniel

Guest Daniel

I have Windows 7 64-Bit Home Premium. My hard drive has 81.4 GB / 331 GB used space.

So I'm aware that when installing various programs from NCH Software, it adds internet shortcuts to two folders in the Start Menu, "NCH Software Suite" and "Utilities". Well I've been using a folder named Utilities since before I installed programs from NCH, and have shortcuts to other programs there. However, the other shortcuts added by installation from NCH, I delete.

I recently uninstalled FileFort and DesktopNow (at around the same time), and then not much later, I noticed that my Utilities folder in the start menu was deleted. I need assistance on recovering those shortcuts, especially since I did not do that myself. In the future I plan to never use that folder name lol.

I did a search with Orion for all deleted files in the start menu for both All Users (C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu) and my own user account which is the admin (C:\Users\****\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu). That returned results for a few shortcuts (being 0% corrupt), but not any from the Utilities Folder. Is there somewhere else I have to set Orion to search for so that I can find the deleted shortcuts?

I'd appreciate any help from you, thanks! If no one here has an answer, I'll be sure to rage about this problem in an email to NCH's technical support lol.