Jump to content


Burn Streaming A/V to CD or DVD, show on TV set


  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cescokid

Cescokid

    Novice

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:25 PM

Trying to burn a Streaming A/V to CD or DVD, show on TV set. CD in this case since video is only 5min long.
I was able to burn the audio but it did not include the video.
what is "best practice" to get this done?

#2 N_C_H_DS

N_C_H_DS

    Professional

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:47 PM

View PostCescokid, on 30 November 2011 - 06:25 PM, said:

Trying to burn a Streaming A/V to CD or DVD, show on TV set. CD in this case since video is only 5min long.
I was able to burn the audio but it did not include the video.
what is "best practice" to get this done?

Burn doesn't have a way to do that directly.  What I do at home is use FlashLynx for songs on YouTube or SoundTap for recording NPR and then burn the captured files to a disc.

#3 Cescokid

Cescokid

    Novice

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:41 AM

View PostN_C_H_DS, on 30 November 2011 - 11:47 PM, said:

Burn doesn't have a way to do that directly.  What I do at home is use FlashLynx for songs on YouTube or SoundTap for recording NPR and then burn the captured files to a disc.
OK, I can capture the streaming video & audio, I am looking for information on what type of files to comvert them INTO to be able to burn them to a CD (in this case) so that they will be able to be shown via a "standard" (Non-PC) player to a TV set. This program (recomended to me by NCH) does not have a "burn Video to CD" only burn audio to CD. So I aam looking for the method (file types & commands/Icons) to get the job done.

#4 N_C_H_DS

N_C_H_DS

    Professional

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:52 PM

View PostCescokid, on 01 December 2011 - 12:41 AM, said:

OK, I can capture the streaming video & audio, I am looking for information on what type of files to comvert them INTO to be able to burn them to a CD (in this case) so that they will be able to be shown via a "standard" (Non-PC) player to a TV set. This program (recomended to me by NCH) does not have a "burn Video to CD" only burn audio to CD. So I aam looking for the method (file types & commands/Icons) to get the job done.

When you are loading files to burn to your Audio CD, you can use video files as well.  On the load files dialog, change the type to "Video Files".  It will list the types of video supported, but any common format (.mpg, .avi, .wmv, etc.) should work.