Weird Echo

madkinson

Just purchased the software. Have turntable hooked up via amplifier to pc. Sound is great until I click on the "Record" icon. It then sounds as if there is an echo. I have tried what seems like dozens of setting combinations (stereo, mono, microphone instead of line in, etc), but I get the same effect regardless of the setting. Any ideas?

Hello Madkinson. I had the same problem. What I found was that my webcam microphone array was turned on. Go to Control Panel, Hardware and Sound, Manage Audio Devices, and ensure that your LP converter device is the default device. Then check any microphones (arrays), by selecting them and clicking on Properties, Recording Level, and ensure that any devices that you are not using are muted. I would also turn the amplifier down as low as it can go. That will not affect the signal strength from the Tape Out jack, unless you have set it to variable. Normally it is fixed.

Hope this helps. Let me know how you make out. If that doesn't fix it, I might come up with another idea. Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Hello Madkinson. I had the same problem. What I found was that my webcam microphone array was turned on. Go to Control Panel, Hardware and Sound, Manage Audio Devices, and ensure that your LP converter device is the default device. Then check any microphones (arrays), by selecting them and clicking on Properties, Recording Level, and ensure that any devices that you are not using are muted. I would also turn the amplifier down as low as it can go. That will not affect the signal strength from the Tape Out jack, unless you have set it to variable. Normally it is fixed.

Hope this helps. Let me know how you make out. If that doesn't fix it, I might come up with another idea. Have a great day.

Phil:

Thanks for the quick response. I tried your solutions, but was still getting the echo. However, I did accidentally stumble onto the solution in my case. When you click on the "Record" icon, a new screen opens. On that screen, uncheck the "Play back audio when recording" radio box. That eliminated the echo. Hope this will help others with the same problem.

Mark

Phil:

Thanks for the quick response. I tried your solutions, but was still getting the echo. However, I did accidentally stumble onto the solution in my case. When you click on the "Record" icon, a new screen opens. On that screen, uncheck the "Play back audio when recording" radio box. That eliminated the echo. Hope this will help others with the same problem.

Mark

Mark, thanks for getting back to me, and others, with the solution. Will keep that trick in mind if others encounter a similar problem. I guess that I didn't have that box checked, but I was definitely getting an echo from my webcam microphone array. Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil