Motorola SM56 speakerphone modem

Hi, i've purchased a Motorola SM56 speaker phone modem and i dont know is its supported well on the IVM answering attendant. I've already read the users guide, its said that it supports caller ID but i dont think it do. Is there a driver or some info out there to help ?

thanks in advance :D

• 2 months later...
Guest Dennis Strong

That is what I had before buying a Multi-tech modem. The Motorola was unreliable and I would suggest not using it.

Hi, i've purchased a Motorola SM56 speaker phone modem and i dont know is its supported well on the IVM answering attendant. I've already read the users guide, its said that it supports caller ID but i dont think it do. Is there a driver or some info out there to help ?

thanks in advance :D

• 7 months later...

I have a Motorola SM56 Speakerphone Modem, and works perfectly. Sound is really great, but can't tell if caller id works since i don't have this feature on the line. Using drivers 84.32... that driver is also faulty (so are all motorola drivers) with microsoft's driver verifier, but seems to be really stable for this usage.

• 10 months later...
I have a Motorola SM56 Speakerphone Modem, and works perfectly. Sound is really great, but can't tell if caller id works since i don't have this feature on the line. Using drivers 84.32... that driver is also faulty (so are all motorola drivers) with microsoft's driver verifier, but seems to be really stable for this usage.

Hi, Uncleben,

I have same modem, but it just don´t answer calls.

I realy made several tests with this board and it is working with others softwares.

Could you provide-me with the driver´s version you are using, please?

If possible, let me know where can I find this driver.

Thanks!

• 6 months later...

I purchased a SwannSmart II Pro Modem (which is in fact a Motorola SM56 speakerphone modem). Read my email exchange with Swann regarding this:

Why is that? The package clearly states Voice, and that is the only reason why I purchased it. If I knew it did'nt have voice, I would never have bought it. Why does it state voice capabilities when it doesn't support such a function? This can easily be considered false advertising. Please explain why I cannot use this as a voice modem when the website clearly states voice capabilities?

Swanns response:

This modem is not TAPI compliant. Not all voice modems are TAPI compliant and in our experience most are not truly TAPI compliant.

We are sorry if this is a function you required. Please return the modem to place of purchase if you are not happy with its capabilities.

Unfortunately the information on the website is incorrect and belongs to a previous modem model. This modem does not have voice and supports the TAM feature only.

I have asked that the incorrect information be removed from our website straight away.

I apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.