Fling exclusion list long wait time

perogen

Hi and thanks for a good application - works almost great The problem I have is that the inclusion/exclusion list logs every hit for a file that it includes/excludes. My guess is that it is the actual logging that takes time and that makes the sync take several seconds due to that I have a lot of files in the watch dir. Is there a way to turn off logging or any other way to speed up the sync? I'm running Fling 2.24.

Kind Regards

Per

Hi and thanks for a good application - works almost great The problem I have is that the inclusion/exclusion list logs every hit for a file that it includes/excludes. My guess is that it is the actual logging that takes time and that makes the sync take several seconds due to that I have a lot of files in the watch dir. Is there a way to turn off logging or any other way to speed up the sync? I'm running Fling 2.24.

Kind Regards

Per

Currently, there is no way to disable logging. However, the issue seems to be with the engine itself and that is one of the areas we are looking at improving.

• 1 year later...

Hello. I think this is still an issue. I have been using version 2.21 for a long time and decided to purchase this nice software. I was quiet dissapointed with 2.28 because it stopped updating due to file exclusions. Returning back to 2.21 it worked again. Today I purchased 2.32 because I thougt this issue had been fixed but sadly it is still there. I there a solution in an near future? I really like this software but..... /Bjorn

• 2 years later...