De-breathing plugins & "punch record"

Sindydoll

Hello dear NCH people!

I have really taken to Wavepad. Back several years ago when searching for a good programme I passed on the usual suspects like Audacity etc & really took a shine to Wavepad. I have Adobe Audition & Cubase also, but just sync with Wavepad. I have no idea whether it is up to "pro" standard...??

Now, I am about to record a very lengthy voice only piece for which I need to do post on. I normally don't provide this function, but in this instance I am required to do so.

Does Wavepad have

-a very good de-breathing plugin (the ones for Audition are hit/miss/nonexistent)

-a very good de-essing plugin

Is there also a function to "punch record" ..where you record pickups whilst listening to recorded audio & then jump in with your correction??

I have been using the noisegate function for NR, set to -40db, as I find that every time I try to sample, I get alien-style artefacts no matter HOW quiet the recording.

So ok people, my lifestory there - any & all comments appreciated. Bear in mind though that as I never do post, I have little clue about manual settings in graphs, so I would appreciate print screens & hand-holding all the way! :D

Many thanks in anticipation!

Sindy

• 3 years later...

Hello! bringing back an old post! This is exactly why I jumped onto the forum. I'm really hoping there is a punch record/pre-roll type of upgrade or plugin now? I'm loving Wavepad and have finished a few books using it so far (shorter books, but still lengthy files) and I really enjoy the ease of navigation and simplicity.

The only thing I would add is the option to punch/pre-roll record.

Thanks!