Desktop rectangle unstable v1.63 and v1.61

clemenzina

I've got 2 laptops and have purchased Debut Video Capture Pro for both. The first was v1.61, which works fine for recording an area on my screen - except that when I take a screenshot with hotkey the capture rectangle skews across the screen and the result is useless.

Version 1.63 is unusable because even the recording capture rectangle doesn't hold, so I had to downgrade to 1.61.

I didn't pay extra for support :-/ but have submitted a bug report, however I can't upload the example file because I can't understand the 2 NCH FTP programs I've tried - but then, I don't understand the first thing about FTP.

post-27197-131816385011_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

This bug is fixed in the latest beta release. You can try the beta version using the following link: http://www.nchsoftware.com/beta/debutsetup.exe.

Thanks for the info, Kirill, I will try the new release and report back :)

Reporting back:

It's recording the selected area fine, but is capturing the whole screen for snapshots. I've been thru the settings and can't see anything to address this.

2nd EDIT

I have to uninstall it, it changes the selected area after stopping recording (shifts it to a larger rectangle in line with the upper and left margins of the screen), so that the area has to be re-selected before recording again. This was not a problem with 1.61, Debut 1.63 is still useless for my purposes.

3rd EDIT

I can't work out what's causing the rectangle to be moved, I'm wondering if it's the use of a shortcut key to stop recording. It's not consistent.

Version 1.61 works for me as long as I don't use snapshot. I have found another program to do that job, but it's a shame to have to do so.

I have a feeling that you have tried the official release 1.63, not the beta version. Both of the described problems should be fixed in the beta version.

The original 1.63 wouldn't hold the selected screen area at all, as far as I remember, I simply couldn't use it. This new download which I installed this morning records the selected area but moves it between sessions. 1.61 won't hold snapshot area but holds recording area fine.

I'll have another look to make sure I've got the right download. Thank you Kirill, I appreciate your attention :)

I don't see anything to indicate a beta version via that link.

• 4 weeks later...

I've just installed 1.64 and the problem seems to be well and truly FIXED! I only hope that my licence will stretch to this version - I need to use exactly the same features as in 1.61 (record screen area, snapshot screen area, capture sound from speakers) - but working properly, which they now are.

If all goes well I shall publicise the success on YouTube (and tag 300 of my videos with Debut) and Facebook :)

QUESTION:

Is snapshot available with hotkeys in the FREE version of Debut? I need to recommend something to a friend who can't afford to buy.

Unfortunately I was prevented from using my licence key for the 1.61 buggy version to register the working version 1.64, so I uninstalled the (also buggy) 1.62 licensed version from my other laptop, installed 1.64 on this one and entered my 1.62 licence key - whereupon I was told that I'd used up all my reinstall permissions and they'd reset it this time but "we will not do it again for 12 months" :angry:

Lord knows if I'll be allowed to install 1.61 on the laptop I took 1.62 from (are you following? :P )...

I've never come across this before, where a software company deliberately releases faulty software, takes money for it, and disclaims any responsibility if you didn't check every claimed function of the program for bugs before you paid.

It's not as if just one version was faulty - 1.61, 1.62 and 1.63 all are. So anyone who bought 1.61 is totally stymied because 1.64 is too many versions ahead to be licensed.

Kirill, I appreciate you trying to guide, but the link you provided doesn't give access to beta versions.

As Debut do not support this forum I shall have to seek advice on other video help forums and Facebook. I realise that NCH claim that paid-for support is available, but I no longer trust them.